What Makes "The Office" Such An Amazing Show

'The Office' Is The Best Show On Earth, There's A Reason For That

Nothing can beat it.

158
the office

For those people living under a rock, and don't know what "The Office" is, it's a comedy that ran on NBC from 2005 to 2013. It portrayed an office scenery that was filled with some of the most loving characters you'll ever get to know. These characters worked in the paper industry under the name Dunder Mifflin. "The Office" can be seen on Netflix and I must admit, I have watched "The Office" half a dozen times. Whenever I am bored, I head to Netflix and boot up a random episode of this show. "The Office" is one of the most charming and funny TV shows, I've ever seen. Almost every episode makes me laugh out loud, and there are plenty of episodes that make me cry. This show is the best show ever, and you need to know why.

In my opinion, the most influential reason why "The Office" is amazing is because of Steve Carell (Michael Scott). Steve Carell plays the role of Michael Scott perfectly. The boss of "The Office" is hilariously stupid. He makes every moment funny by being genuinely stupid. His comedy is so inappropriate that you can't help but laugh. SPOILER, when Steve Carell leaves the show, "The Office" took a giant step back and later had to stop production.

The next most important thing that makes "The Office" amazing is Jim and Pam.

While "The Office" is supposed to just follow what these employees do day in and day out, they really follow Jim and Pam the most. Their relationship was so complex in the beginning because they both loved each other but she was in a relationship. Us viewers needed Jim and Pam in our lives because they seem so perfect for each other. Jim's comedy, mixed with Pam's charm makes an awesome couple. Pam eventually ends her relationship with Roy, and after three seasons of the show, Jim and Pam finally get together. For the rest of the series, they are mostly relationship goals. Almost every scene that makes you want to cry, has something to do with this couple because they are so perfect. When I watch this relationship on TV, I think about how perfect my relationship is, and when a show can hit home that hard, you know it's perfect.

If you haven't heard of the infamous Dwight Schrute, then you haven't been paying attention. Dwight is one of the funniest characters in this show because of how quirky he is. He is extremely weird and different and that is what makes him so funny. He is a salesman, but during his time off, he runs a freaking beet farm. He looks like a nerdy fellow and he acts like it too. He is the lovable guy we can all get behind and he makes the show funny.

After I watched the show for the first time, I never wanted it to end. I headed to Youtube and watched deleted scenes, script readings and background footage of the cast. This cast is so loving and passionate, and you can tell that they all love each other in real life. The show has been off the air for five years now, and these actors are still in contact with each other. I love each and every character and I wish I could know them in real life.

If you haven't watched "The Office" yet, you are truly missing out. It is funny, heartwarming, sad, and just flat out awesome. I promise, you won't be disappointed by this show and it will be a watch of a lifetime. This show is my favorite show of all time, and it should be yours too.