I remember the hype over "The Office." I didn't understand it. People would say, "Do you watch 'The Office'?", and I would say, "No, I couldn't get into it. Is it just about... people in an office?"
Well, yes and no. I mean, I could give you a list of reasons of how "The Office" changed my life and how it's more than just people sitting at desks all day at a paper supply company, but I'm not going to do that. Us college kids put on "The Office" really whenever we have a chance, whether it be coming home late from a night out and snacking down on an episode or chilling on Sunday mornings doing homework to Michael Scott's voice or cooking in your apartment with it on in the background.
I always just have it on just like I believe many of us this age do.
Here are 13 "The Office" quotes that every college kid can relate to.
1. Sometimes words are a lot.
Michael understands how it feels to finally declare your major which is supposed to dictate the rest of your life when really... what is the next step and what are you going to do with it. I don't know, man.
2. In college, you have an interesting relationship with yourself.
When I wake up in the morning from a night and then hear of what I did.
And reread the messages I sent.
4. There are fun times.
But still Saturday afternoons. Enough said.
Saturday afternoons continue to happen. Enough said.
5. There are some not so fun times.
There's always that one class a semester where you put in so much work continuously and the grades are still not worth it.
6. It's sort of unexpected.
Sometimes it hard to maintain a proper diet in college. I mean the Cookout, Stake and Shake, and McDonalds add up but then we wonder why we are the way we are. (It's ok the way we are though).
7. And you're going to miss it when you graduate.
Girls. Usually switches back and forth between pics for a couple of weeks-months.
8. So we got to embrace the feelings and the moments.
Or... ask the "Good Grief" Soundcloud remix. Huge fan.
9. Find the positives in the negatives even though there are some negatives in the positives.
10. Because every experience makes you who you are.
Him to her.
11. So you can be yourself.
Those parking tickets, man.
12. And being honest with yourself.
And next we have have loans and debt.
13. Because one day we won't have the chance to live it anymore, so we will just have to remember it.
And last but not least, Andy sums it up pretty nicely. I think we all can relate to this one.