The Meaning of Love

The Meaning of Love

Th paper that is published here is the discussion board posting, because the ,ain idea of it is the specific issue (question concerning love) and the idea presented here is the thought of professional writer - Terry Brown concerning what it is love? Personally I love discussion post as the type academic work, because in that work there are no right or wrong ideas and thoughts, there are thr specific yours and other people who want to discuss on such specific issue. If you need to write a similar one to the university of college you can easily follow https://specialessays.com/write-my-discussion-board-post/

50
The Meaning of Love

The Meaning of Love

The nature and world outlook of men and women have been depicted in many works. An important part of their description is their attitude towards relationships and love. Andreas Capellanus sets out the Rules of Love in his work “The Art of Courtly Love”. Capellanus sees love as a grand emotion that is stronger than any other, a power so great that it brings out the best and the worst in people. It makes one apprehensive and jealous, at the same time making a person happy, self-abnegating, and faithful.

Capellanus argued that “A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved”. The same can be said about Lanval, whose love made him strong and uncorrupted. He was faithful when tempted by the queen. This rule is relevant for women as much as for men. After all, Lanval’s beloved did come to his rescue.

Both men and women search for ideal partners, sometimes forgetting about love. Men look for a flawless woman who is good at everything she does as it is depicted in “The Tale of Genji”. Women look for riches, comfort, and stability as Chaucer had illustrated in “The Wife of Bath’s Tale”. According to Capellanus, they forget that “A true Lover is constantly and without intermission possessed by the thought of his beloved”. They debate about the advantages and disadvantages of others. They reminisce about the past and tell of their beautiful women or rich husbands. However, they are just people deprived of love.

In conclusion, the rules set out by Capellanus in the 12th century are accepted in world literature and show that men and women are alike when it comes to the matters of love. Those who are not in love think logically and weight out the pros and cons. However, those men and women who are in love do everything for their beloved ones.