The Life Of A Photographer

The Life Of A Photographer

Anyone can take a picture... a person with a passion sees the picture before it's taken.
988

For some reason I feel like people don't appreciate photographers as much as they should be appreciated. Yet, we are the ones everyone goes to, to capture their special day or moments. People think anyone can take a picture, and I mean sure, you can but you have to have the eye for it naturally. If you don't have the eye for it you might as well just do it for fun. You can't teach someone to have the eye for photography. Just a heads up for anyone who needs a photographer you should go for the ones like me and any others who actually have our degree in photography. I highly recommend trusting us over someone who took a few classes in it.

Photo Creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (Me)

The life of a photographer is never ending, exciting, fun, full of creativity, hard work, and can be stressful sometimes but we wouldn't have it any other way. The downside is not having the benefits, but we are doing something we love and getting to see the looks on peoples faces after we send the photos off is priceless. The amount of time we spend putting into thinking of the poses, props, set ups, editing techniques for the photos and the amount of hours/ days we spend editing the pictures is worth everything. We really do want your pictures to turn out phenomenal.

Photo creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (Me)

I'm sure you're probably wondering, "well why are photographers packages high priced"? The reason being is because we think about the equipment we have to buy like the props, and supplies, the traveling (if needed), the time it takes to do the photo session, and the time it takes to edit the photos, along with buying prints for you if needed. When you come across packages just know that all the prices you see are completely normal because no one will do it for cheap. If you want good quality photos people have to pay the price.

Photo creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (Me)

Just remember when seeking out a photographer make sure they fit your personality and your style because you want to make sure you click on them. As photographers, we are willing to go above and beyond for you because we want your photo session to be everything you hoped for. When meeting up with your potential photographer remember to ask as many questions as possible and we'll be happy to answer them. More than likely, if you seal the deal with your photographer they will ask you to sign a contract and pay a sitting fee in advance to hold your spot.

Photo Creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (Me)

Remember, don't just ask us if you can edit the pictures yourselves and we would love if you didn't put a filter on the final edits when you put them on Instagram or any other social media, please. That takes away from our hard work that we've done and sometimes the filters clash with the edits and don't turn out good.

Trust me after the photo session is over with we are just as excited as you are to see all the photos! Normally, after a photo session, us photographers will go home and immediately upload all the photos then go through them and separate the good ones from the ok ones. After we separate them and organize them we begin the editing process. Now, the editing process is the part where patience comes in and trust me if we could just hit a button to have it edit it for us we would. We like to take our time when editing your photos because we start from the top and go to the bottom. The editing process takes hours, days, and even weeks if we have other photo sessions to edit.

Photo Creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (Me)

Also, if you have ever had a photo shoot done in a studio you know a number of hours you spend in their due to the different posing, the switching of the lighting equipment, the clothes change, and makeup. It's all a process. The set up of a studio photo shoot takes 30 minutes. Then the session itself could take 2 hours, 3 hours or all day. The next time you say anyone can take a picture please think again. No one can teach someone to have the eye for it.

Photo Creds: Kiersten Ulversoy (me)