The Kind Of Guy You Deserve, Darling

The Kind Of Guy You Deserve, Darling

Do you love the kind of man he is, or love feeling wanted by him?

2238
The Kind Of Guy You Deserve, Darling
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/12/10/636169982641310260-2085522606_sunset.JPG

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of beautiful young girls settling for guys ranging from mediocre all the way to absolutely horrible – worse than getting gum stuck to the bottom of your Steve Madden shoes kinda horrible. Frankly, that annoys me. Because you are worth more than that temporary boy.

I get it… trust me, I’ve been there. He makes you feel pretty. He is someone you care about because you feel like you are the only one who knows the real him. He brings you happiness in the moments when he is a good guy. He makes you feel wanted.

But here’s the deal: do you love the kind of man he is, or love feeling wanted by him?

Is he the kind of man you want your future son to have as his role model?

Is your love story when told at the wedding, one that you are proud of and are blushing about? Or is it one where “well he was a jerk, cheated on me, and then we ‘talked’ for five months, and he took me out to dinner once, and yeah now we are together though and I’m still insecure on where we stand.”

Stop right there. You deserve more than that.

Honey, stop accepting almost relationships. Stop accepting “talking” relationships that lead to nowhere but tears, chocolate and Taylor Swift. Stop accepting boys who continually break your heart. Stop allowing boys who don’t even deserve your heart to break it.

The good guy is not out of your league. Wait for a man who pursues you, not one who takes advantage of you. One who follows the Lord and not the things of this world. One who loves your mind and not just your body. One who loves you like Jesus. One who may not be perfect, but who strives each morning to be the man the Lord intended for him to be. A guy who makes you feel beautiful because of who you are and not what you have to offer.

As women, we have to stop accepting mediocre boys who treat us average. We are children of the King of Kings. We are created in the image of the author of the world. We were created by the guy who hung the stars and painted the sea, and He still love us more.

A guy who loves the Lord and you will not make you feel mediocre. He will make you feel loved, appreciated, and remind you daily that you serve a purpose for this world. You need someone who pushes you to grow to be a better friend, disciple and daughter.

He will give you butterflies, and make you belly-laugh. He will be patient with you, love you as much as Kanye loves Kanye, and bring you more joy than a frat boy gets when he learns how to properly frat snap. And the best part of it all is you get to love him like this in return and grow to be a better companion for him with each passing morning.

All your insecurities will not go away, but the boy you deserve will help you be reminded you were created in the image of God. You will still have days where you question your worth, because what girl doesn’t ever have insecurities? But when you find a boy who loves you like Jesus, you will be reminded to look to Jesus for your worth. He will not make you question your relationship with him or the Lord. You two will be chasing the Lord together, and when either stumbles, the other helps the other up.

Stop being hung up on the guy who did not treat you like you were a daughter of the King. Stop accepting mediocre or horrible guys. Wait for the good guy. Wait for a man who loves you likes Jesus. One who challenges you and respects who you are as a child of Christ. One you would want you daughter to date, and son to be. That’s the kind of guy you deserve, darling. Wait for him.

“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:2-3

Check out my blog for more encouragement when it comes to self-worth, boys and simply being a girl in the 21st century.

Or follow me on twitter, instagram or facebook.