5 Reasons "The Good Place" Should Be On Your Netflix Queue

5 Reasons 'The Good Place' Should Be Next On Every College Kid's Netflix Queue

Reason's why "The Good Place" should be next on your Netflix queue, and without any spoilers!

32

"The Good Place" is an incredible show with a ton of reasons why you should watch it. Here are my top five!

1. It gives a good introduction to ethics!

My Ethics professor constantly raves about this show which is what gave me the motivation to sit down and watch it. For those of you who need a little more visualization and entertainment when it comes to learning about ethics, this is the show for you. It gives basic information regarding things like The Trolley Problem and Kantian Ethics and honestly helped me truly grasp those ideas in the classroom.

2. It has light comedy with serious subject matter.

I started watching this in between shows as something light to watch in the background of homework or whatever else I needed to get done. However, once I started watching I literally could not stop. It's an incredibly funny, well-written show that gives a light comedic feel to some serious subject matter.

3. It gave us Janet and Michael.

My personal favorite duo in the show. They're all-knowing immortal beings who find friendship in each other and see what it means to be human through the lives of the four humans they're tasked with watching in the afterlife. They also have some of the best character development and best lines. I'm always laughing whenever they're in a scene.

4. It portrays unlikely friendships.

When you take a look at the four main characters, Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, and Jason, you see four people who could not be more different. They led vastly different lives in different corners of the world and in death they somehow were placed together. They bicker and fight, but at the end of the day they all learn to care about someone other than themselves, and in each other, they actually found genuine friendships in people who challenge them to better themselves.

5. It makes you want to be a better person!

Watching the growth and development of the main characters on their journey to becoming better people honestly made me take a look at my own life and how I treat the others around me. Each character has their own fault, whether it be selfishness, indecisiveness, a need for attention, or pure ignorance, their faults are why they are striving to do better. This to me was the whole point in the show, not to do good things to end up in The Good Place, but to do good things because they would better yourself and they would better the world you live in.