The Good Days And The Bad Days

The Good Days And The Bad Days

We are shaped by the pain.

68
The Good Days And The Bad Days
Unsplash

Some days, I feel like I'm on top of the world. Everything is in its place. Harmony is at its peak. No one can get in the way.

I'm eating healthy, feeling good. I'm confident and I'm ready to conquer any obstacle put in front of me.

There isn't a worry.

Having jam sessions in my car makes me feel alive. Not having a destination in mind makes the drive worthwhile.

Taking care of myself comes easy. I'm sipping on water with lemon while reading in the sunroom.

The laughs of my friends and family echo through my soul. I'm loved. I'm balanced.

However, some days I feel like I'm crawling on the ground, searching for the light. When I get a moment to myself, just to breathe and catch up, I don't know where to start. I'm so behind.

I'm exhausted.

Some mornings, after getting a full night's rest, I wake up ready for a nap. My body insists that it's incapable of handling the day.

My mind goes into an anxious loop, wondering why I'm like this. How could I be so good one day and bad the next?

Not having a destination or a plan can be too much. I'm not sure what to do with myself on days like these.

I'm a wreck. My mind is numb. But there is tomorrow…

When the next day comes, I only hope that it will be full of accomplishments, things I will be proud of.

I love myself. But sometimes I can be too hard on myself. I am my own enemy at times.

I'm never sure of the days that I'll be confronted by my own demons, but I'll try my best to prepare. I'll put up a fight, knowing that there are plenty of good days coming.

I won't judge myself too much. I haven't seen it all, nor experienced it all.

Most days I'm openminded. Some days I'm scared of what the future may hold.

But what I do know is that I have the power to change how I feel. On good days. On bad days.

The climb can be harmful, yet beautiful. I see now.

We are shaped by the pain.

Once you see the view from the top of the mountain, you'll know that it was worth it all along.