I'm The Girl Who Doesn't Drink Coffee

I'm The Girl Who Doesn't Drink Coffee

Coffee-related meme? Can't relate.

268
I'm The Girl Who Doesn't Drink Coffee
2chai.com

I have always grown up with coffee around me. When I was very little, I would see my mom making coffee every morning, whether it be with our coffee pot at home or at our church during the social hour following worship. I was always curious about the drink and what it tasted like because my mom would always say that coffee was an adult drink (and naturally that just made me more curious). When my mom did occasionally did let me try it, I was disgusted because to my young taste buds it tasted gross (which now makes sense to me because my mom always takes her coffee black). As I've gotten older, and I gained friends that drink coffee and I've tried coffees with all different flavorings and varying amounts of sugar and cream. And at one point, I kind of got the appeal of coffee.

And then I figured I’d be better off without it.

Personally, the only way I like to drink coffee is to load it with syrups, creams, and sugars to disguise the actual taste of coffee. And to me, that just isn’t worth it. Why would I junk up a simple drink just for my ease of consumption if it isn’t really benefiting me, to begin with? Coffee is also a drink that my stomach is very sensitive to, so in the long run, my consumption of coffee is not useful to me in any way.

Some people that I’ve talked to about my aversion to coffee, including my mother, think that I am absolutely crazy for not really enjoying or drinking coffee. I find it something to be kind of proud of – there are people that legitimately cannot get throughout the day without coffee, and I’m glad that I don’t have that sort of dependency on something. And for people that do depend on it, that’s your business and you do what you have to do but, I’m happy just the way I am.

I prefer to drink tea if I even go for a hot beverage – usually, I just settle for good ole water. Tea to me is beneficial beverage and has a much more desirable taste versus coffee. I also just like any excuse to consume honey, because WOW is honey such a tasty sweetener.

So if you’re like me and you don’t consume coffee, whether it be for taste or health reasons – know that you are not alone, and we can create our own tea memes to combat the not relatable coffee memes that always seem to pop up in our social media feeds.