Pursue The Current In The Fish Bowl Mind

I currently have over 20,000 photos on my laptop, probably not good for my hard drive, but good for my soul.

83
Hannah Henley

A common theme I've noticed in my articles is this feeling of being lost. Like I'm swimming around in a fish bowl, everything is clear, but I don't know what direction I'm headed in or where I'm going. Some things in life just aren't simple - I have decided that this is ok.

Every single moment you are given in life is an opportunity to live and become the person you want to be, even if you don't know what that is yet.

As humans we often forget what we are doing in life or where we are going, this of course is okay, sometimes necessary even. It can be weird to step back and look at your life. Look at all that you've accomplished and all the memories you've made in such a short time. Whenever I look back on my photos I fall into these moods of pure happiness. The smiles in the photos are contagious through the screen and I can't help but smile or laugh at moments that I remember before or after a photo was snapped.

An image captures more than smiles, it captures the emotions associated with the time. While we may have plastered toothy grins for the flash of the camera, not matter the smile I see it brings me joy. On my laptop I currently have over 20,000 photos, probably not good for my hard drive, but good for my soul. Part of the reason I have become such a photo hoarder is because I can't bear to part with these smiles and moments. I guess I'm more of a memory hoarder then, in a sense.

It is easy to spend hours scrolling through old photos, memories of friends and family. Passing horribly blurry shots that I never deleted and scrolling across pictures from vacations.

I guess what I am trying to say is photos help me find myself. In a life that has me swimming in circles my photos help me float. Sometimes all you need is a reminder of times that kept you above the water. A reminder that you will find your way like you have done so many times before. We need to pursue and spread joy and happiness in all of our endeavors. When we share love, our world becomes a kinder place and that's something we need. So, I recommend you look through some old photos, share them with friends, laugh at the moments that made me the most you that you have ever been. Find yourself in the laughter and company. Learn from all that you encounter. And listen to all that is told.