The Difference From High School To College

It's Amazing How You Can Go From Hating it, to Loving it

29
sydneylearning.files.wordpress

I can’t speak for everyone, but most people I talk to would agree that they love college. The big surprise is that it’s not even about the parties and whatnot, it’s about actually liking studying and wanting to learn something for once in our lives.

I never thought I’d say I love learning, but now in my second year of college, I can officially say that I do love learning. The reason behind that is because I’m learning about what I’m passionate about and what I love. I am also actually excited to go to classes most of the time, if I am not tired, which is a surprising amount.

It’s hard the first year of school to like going to classes because you are doing general education courses and not a whole lot of courses that actually interest you. But the nice thing is that with those general education courses, you can find what else you like doing, or would like to know more about. For example, in high school I personally hated English classes. I hated writing because I always thought I wasn’t good at it, but now after taking the two main English classes that were required, I ended up taking another course. And to my own surprise, I plan to get an English minor. It’s just kind of weird how life goes sometimes.

Going to college made me realize a lot of things, such as what I’m passionate about, as well as what I can do. It made me realize that learning isn’t all awful. Yes, there are hard times, and stressful ones as well, but when you get through it, you realize that you learned a lot through those hard time consuming hours of studying, and that you bettered yourself, and that’s something to be proud of. You can be something to be proud of.