Grab Your Spoons, These Are The 10 Best Cereals

The endless debate has a plausible answer now.

317
@cerealkillercafe Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cerealkillercafe/

Ok, I know that there are a trillion other probably more relevant topics I could be writing about, but come on; it is undeniable that you have not had this debate with your peers in the past. To try to settle this ongoing argument, I have tried a bit of some of the most popular cereals there are over the past week and I have given ratings to each of them based on overall flavor and likelihood to repurchase. The full list of cereals I tried includes: Special K (Red Berries, Vanilla & Almond, and Chocolatey Delight), Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops, Cookie Crisp, Corn Pops, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Krave, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Oreo O's, Cap'n Crunch Berries, Trix, Reese's Puffs, Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, & Apple Jack's. After carefully considering the options given, I narrowed down and ranked the cereals that to me are the best. So without further adieu, I present to you my top 10 cereal list.

10. Fruit Loops.

live.staticflickr.com

One of the classic and most iconic cereals of all time, Fruit Loops lands in my list's tenth spot. This decision may be a bit controversial for the eyes of many, however, I sincerely believe that the reason why for most this one is one of the best, is solely because of their memories eating it as a child rather than for its flavor. Don't get me wrong, Fruit Loops is a great cereal that balances really well the sugar with its fruitiness, making it not too sweet nor too fruity. Nonetheless, it does not have a sufficiently lasting or memorable flavor. The aftertaste is not the best and the flavor it leaves behind in the milk is nothing worth noting either. Rating: 7.8 out of 10.

9. Cocoa Puffs.

live.staticflickr.com

Cocoa Puffs might just be one of the most underrated cereals there are. If you have tried different chocolate based cereals, you'll quickly notice that all of them taste quite different even if they look similar. And even though, Cocoa Puffs' presentation may not be the best or more aesthetically pleasing. Nonetheless, its chocolatey flavor is one of the best. It has a solid crunch, an okay aftertaste, and the milk's flavor after one is done eating it is in fact pretty good, but overall Cocoa Puffs is not better than the higher rated cereal in this list. Rating: 8.25 out of 10.

8. Frosted Flakes.

live.staticflickr.com

An all-time classic and fan favorite Frosted Flakes never disappoints. It had by far some of the best commercials and its sugary taste is like no other. It is original, it has a good aftertaste and it reminds me of my childhood. After years without buying this cereal, I may reconsider being more flexible with my cereal choices because Frosted Flakes tasted really good, even if its flavor is not necessarily the best there is on the cereal isles. Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

7. Fruity Pebbles.

live.staticflickr.com

Before having the idea of making this list I had never tried these before, but to my surprise, they turned out to be very good. I had previously tried their counterpart Cocoa Pebbles and because of how good those were I never really had the interest of trying these, but oh boy was I glad I tried these. I love their composition because with one spoon you almost feel like you can get a mouthful. Its fruity flavor is superior to that of Fruit Loops and it is definitely more lasting, and memorable, however, the fact that the milk's taste isn't the best after eating them keeps me from putting this cereal any higher on this list. Well, that and the fact that its box is relatively small and you cannot really pour much of it on your plate without worrying you'll run out of it in 2 days. Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

6. Krave.

Krave is one of the newest additions to our cereal isles, making its debut on 2012 in the U.S. Since then it has become a fan favorite. When I bought it for the first time, I already knew I would like it because of its aesthetically pleasing box and seemingly chocolatey rich nature based on the image in front of the box. After trying it I remember it being one of the very best tasting chocolate cereals I had ever had. Nonetheless, this awesome tasting flavor could not come without its drawbacks; those being the awful flavor it leaves on the milk and the fact that just like the Fruity & Cocoa Pebbles, you cannot really eat a full plate without fearing they'll run out in the next couple of days. Sadly, these two defects have kept me from buying it on a regular. Rating: 8.7 out of 10.

5. Lucky Charms.

live.staticflickr.com

My first entry in my top 5 is a fan's favorite and one of my definite go tos, Lucky Charms. Now Lucky Charms if it is one of my go tos why didn't I put this any higher on my list? Well, the reason why that is it's because it is honestly not one of the most flavorful cereals out there, plus they have a heavy reliance on its marshmallows. Without the marshmallows, Lucky Charms would not be a thing. The reason why I keep buying this cereal though is that I really do not get tired of its flavor. It does a very good job at balancing the sugary flavor from the actual flakes, with the sweetness that the marshmallows bring in. Additionally, you can buy huge boxes and they can last you for almost 3 weeks unless you binge eat. For this, I give them a solid Rating of 9 out of 10.

4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

live.staticflickr.com

According to many sources, this is America's favorite and for a very good reason. Even though I personally do not like cinnamon, Cinnamon Toast Crunch does a fantastic job at combining the sweet, the crunch and the slight cinnamon taste all in one without making it taste bad at all. I guess the name of the cereal says it, but in all seriousness, I thought this feat of making such a good cinnamon cereal was next to impossible to achieve, mainly because of my strong dislike of cinnamon. But I have to admit, this cereal has proved me wrong. Its consistency is outstanding and the flavor its mouthwatering. Unfortunately, for me, it is not a cereal I would buy on a regular because I believe that if I ate it quite a bit I would get quickly tired of its cinnamony (don't know it "cinnamony" is a word, but y'all know what I mean) flavor. Rating: 9 out of 10.

​​HONORABLE MENTIONS​​.

live.staticflickr.com

Reese's Puffs & Cookie Crisp.

3. Cocoa Pebbles.

live.staticflickr.com

Earning the 3rd spot in our countdown we have Cocoa Pebbles. Like I previously stated with the Fruity Pebbles, its problems are the lack of size and the fact you can run out of them quickly because in order to fill the bowl halfway it actually takes a lot of them. Yet, this cereal's flavor is truly outstanding. In my opinion, it is the best overall chocolate flavored cereal by a landslide. It is the richest chocolate cereal, and the flavor it leaves behind on the milk is truly wonderful. It almost tastes like you had made chocolate milk separately. The pebbles are crunchy and really flavorful, it is only my inability to buying them frequently that keeps me from putting them any higher on this list. Rating 9.2 out of 10.

2. Oreo O’s.

www.instagram.com

Making a huge comeback since they stopped producing these back in 2007, the Oreo O's are absolutely outstanding. In fact I did not even know they had come back until I saw them at the store about a week ago. Seeing them back put a genuine smile on my face, simply because it reminded me of my childhood. Funny enough though, I did not really remember these guys being one of the best cereals out there. As a kid, I had other preferences, but when I tried them again after so many years my mind was completely changed. It is so darn good! Man, they taste amazing and they are not overwhelmingly sweet and sugary, which is awesome because for me that is a key thing when considering whether I want to re-purchase them or not. They also leave a tasty flavor behind on the milk and the size box size is ideal because it can easily last you a couple of weeks. Rating of 9.5 out of 10.

1. Cap'n Crunch Berries.

live.staticflickr.com

Now before coming to the U.S, I had never, ever tried this cereal. In fact, I tried it for the first time my sophomore year of college and oh boy is it good! This cereal is the closest thing to cereal perfection there is. The berries bring in an interesting element to the mix of sugary sweetness it already has. Its flavor is lasting and pretty memorable/easy to recall. The consistency is unlike any other and the different box sizes make it perfect for a buyer to choose how much of this awesomeness they want to buy. I'd say its only slight drawback it is the fact that the leftover milk flavor isn't the best, but regardless of this small imperfection, it is a great cereal that I would definitely buy every two weeks or so. Rating 9.6 out 10.