The Countdown Is Nearly Over

The Countdown Is Nearly Over

With a few days left, here are some top ten highlights of the holiday season

24
The Countdown Is Nearly Over
publicdomainpictures.net

There are a lot of things to look forward to when the holidays come around, whether it be the presents, the family time or getting back together with your friends. Here is a list of quite possibly the ten best things that come with the holiday season!

1. Snow

Whether you like snow or hate it, there truly is something special about it snowing on Christmas Day. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, and I am sure you all are too. Nothing screams Christmas like a thick blanket of snow when you wake up in the morning.

2. Buying Presents

Although no one likes to look at their bank statements after they are done buying presents, the feeling you get when you find the perfect present for your family members is unlike any other. Also, you just feel so jolly when you are shopping for them. It truly gets you in that holiday spirit.

3. Wrapping Presents

Even better than buying the presents, is wrapping them. Personally I wait until Christmas Eve because Iive for wrapping presents. And waiting until the night before, playing all the best Christmas songs, truly makes me super excited for the next day.

4. The Food

While there are different ways to enjoy your Christmas meal, either way I am sure it is delicious. On Christmas Eve we have pasta with clam sauce, and on Christmas morning we have a nice bacon and egg breakfast, and later a nice Turkey dinner. It's basically a Thanksgiving part two... but with less family members.

5. Getting The Tree

Getting the Christmas Tree is the first step into getting ready for Christmas. Even though being at college takes being a part of the tree selection away from me, it use to be one of my favorite things. Chopping it down is even more fun than going to a lot. Nonetheless I was still thrilled to see a tree in my living room when I came home!

6. The Decorating

After you get the tree the decorating begins. Putting the ornaments on the tree is probably my favorite part. But also putting the lights up and other decorations around the house is fun. Nothing screams festive like a decorated house.

7. The Lights

Whether its your house, your neighbors, or some other neighborhood that's known for extravagant lights. There is nothing like looking at a well lit house. The lights are not only pretty, but mesmerizing and definitely put you in that Christmas spirit.

8. Family Time

As mentioned in my other article, there is no other time than the Holiday season to have family time. Being at school lessens my time with my family, but it makes coming home for Christmas and Thanksgiving that much more special.

9. The Unveiling

Watching your family members unwrap the gifts that you got them, at least to me, is more exciting than unwrapping your own presents. It's the happiness that the gift you've been hiding in your room for them for two weeks has finally brought excitement to its rightful owner.

10. The Aftermath

After the mess you all made after unwrapping all your presents is finally cleaned up. Sitting by the fire, watching a Christmas movie, and enjoying each other's company is exactly what the holiday seasons are all about.

I hope you all enjoy your Christmas and happy holidays!