The Cookie Culprit

The Cookie Culprit

Throughout this article they will remain nameless because I have no idea who they are.

62
The Cookie Culprit
Google

It was the night of November 12th, 2017. When I went to bed, a care package consisting of delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies made my mom sat on a shelf, mostly full. When I woke up on the morning of November 13th, most of the cookies WERE GONE. Let’s backtrack a little, and see if we can figure out how this happened…

It was a Sunday night, and I was coming back to school after spending the weekend at home. At some point during the weekend, I was in the basement doing my laundry (like all college kids do when they go home), and my mom pulled a box of cookies out of the freezer.

“I made you a care package,” she said, “I was going to send it, but I’m trying to save on postage, so you can just take it with you.”

Before we go any further, let me explain something. Getting snail mail in college is like getting mail when you’re six: it’s super exciting. Even if it’s just a note from one of your friends, it’s nice to find something in your mailbox. Since last year was my first year at college, my mom would send me a card every month or so. I’m part way into my second semester of my sophomore year, and my mailbox hasn’t seen much action.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed that I wouldn’t be getting mail, but it was still a box of two dozen substantially sized chocolate chunk cookies, so I wasn’t going to complain.

When I got back to my dorm, I started handing out these cookies to my friends, because I knew I would not be eating them all myself, and I just really like to share. So I passed out a few, and then went to visit my hard-working friends in the architecture studio. I probably handed out at least a dozen there before going back to my room for the night. I’m not sure how many were left when I went to bed; there may have been eight or ten, but the important thing was I could not see the bottom.

When I got up in the morning, I opened up the box because, well, let’s be honest, I was going to have a cookie for breakfast. I opened up the box, and most of the cookies WERE GONE. So now we’re back to where we started. There was maybe three or four cookies left, and I was perplexed. I texted my friends in the group chat and asked if anyone had come into my room to grab one sometime during the night, but it was a no from everyone. I was very confused, and remain confused to this day because I still don’t know who did it. I didn’t even care that they were gone, because like I said, I wasn’t going to eat them all anyway, so I just wanted to know where they went. It will always be a mystery to me, and I may never know the answer.

If you are reading this Cookie Culprit, please come forward so I can finally put my mind at ease.