The Cons of Having Your Own Kitchen in College

12

It was at first that having my own kitchen seemed fantastic and my roommates and I were beyond excited. We could make whatever we were craving. The ideas were endless. We thought it was going to how it was at home but reality hit us about a month is. We don't have our parents their cooking and cleaning for us. Therefore, we learned the cons of having our own kitchen in college very fast. The cons include...

1. Time consuming to cook the food

2. Time consuming to go to the grocery store

3. Cleaning the kitchen

4. Always having dishes

5. No longer a social event

6. Always so much trash

7. The sound of the fire alarm is not fun

8. The kitchen is small for four girls trying to make dinner at once

9. The kitchen is not in good shape

10. The burners smoke very easily (as to the fire alarm comment)

I would call my parents and complain about the kitchen because it was inconvenient and do you know what their response was? Now you are beginning to know what it is like to be an adult. They would work all day long, come home to having to cook dinner for the family and clean the kitchen after.

While there are a good amount of cons, the pros of being able to cook whenever and whatever you want is a big benefit. Becoming an adult is so exciting yet sad.