To the College Students Who Don't Party

To the College Students Who Don't Party

Partying is a big part of college but isn't a necessary lifestyle.

14
To the College Students Who Don't Party
vergecampus.com

It seems like every night students are gathering at clubs, frat houses, camps, and anywhere else where they can play loud music and consume ungodly amounts of alcohol. Anyone else who doesn't participate in these gatherings is considered boring and unsocial and questioned constantly why they don't go out and "have more fun". While many people seem to enjoy these parties, it's definitely not for everyone and not every student should feel pressured into this definition of "fun".

Not everyone likes loud music, late nights, alcohol in general, or large groups of people and that is honestly okay. You should never let the opinions of others run your life decisions. If you want to party every once in a while, then go right ahead! Nobody is stopping you and you might enjoy yourself. If you want to go out every night, then do so! If you don't party at all? That's okay too! Partying is fun and all, but if you don't party you are honestly not missing out on the biggest things in life. Everyone needs some sort of fun in their lives, but alcohol doesn't have to be the only reason to have fun.

To those who don't party: you're most likely getting more sleep than the others and not skipping class as often. You might have missed out on a good night, in their opinion, but you also might have had a good time laying low instead. Don't ever believe that you need alcohol to have a good time. You do you, because partying was never the answer to someone's success, and is never a requirment of the college lifestyle.