To The Boy Who Would NOT Leave Me Alone

To The Boy Who Would NOT Leave Me Alone

Sometimes the truth will set you free

166
To The Boy Who Would NOT Leave Me Alone
Hanna Seymour

So you may know who you are, even read this or see the title and wonder if it is about you. I will set the record straight and say yes, you know the truth as much as I. Maybe you'll understand though I highly doubt it considering I've explained myself more than once. I am at times better writing what I feel and mean rather than speaking it out loud. So sit down, read this and understand what you've done, how I feel and comprehend the situation correctly.

A few weeks ago I met you through my Best Friends husband. See, My BF, her husband and I have movie night literally like 5 times a week. Us three get along famously and the two of them I consider family. I have known her since Kindergarten back in 2000, we have been BFFs for the last 17 years. I have known him since maybe 2009, really got to know him in 2012 and he is almost like a brother to me. Now I'm going to call you J so it will be easier to address you.

I wanted to give you my relationship with them because apparently you don't get it. To the reader, have you ever had someone trying to attach onto you hard that you can't shake them off? Everything they say doesn't mean anything, every hint you show means nothing? J, I know that don't get where I'm coming from but here I am to explain it to you.

We had invited him over for movie night due to it being always us girls and her poor husband listening to our movie criticisms. Before that I had texted him once and I easily got the impression of J quickly. He had made two slightly dirty comments that I was put off by considering I don't know him. Second, I have to admit that I am not a child person. As of the moment I have no need to have a child, desire children, etc. My BF has two, my sister has one, I am around children. For me I personally wouldn't want to date anyone with a kid. I know, it sounds a little cold but I couldn't force myself into a situation that I don't want. J has a little boy and us three have all told him that I wouldn't date him.

No means no, when anyone says that you accept it and move on. For you, the word I guess doesn't make much sense because I've said it on more than one occasion. Now, I have to break this down before proceeding so you understand where I'm coming from.

I have always been a very shy person, I'm one of the most introverted people you will ever meet. I have been that way since I've been little and I never grew out of it. Coming off as cold hearted, rude, mean and stand offish is something that I've heard my entire life. In actuality I'm not that way, I just appear to be due to me not knowing someone. I had explained this to him countless time as he was telling me that I was being rude to him. It is hard for me to just open up to someone because I know I have a guard, I always have. What comes next that I know about what you said J is offensive, hurtful but yet you try to turn this around on me.

First night of meeting him, we all walked back to my house to take me home. Now J, let me ask you a question. Do you think it's okay to randomly kiss a girl when you know she doesn't want you? The next morning my BF had told me he was going to kiss me at some point. She told him that I'd punch him in the face if I did (Which sounds much like me FYI) and he better not push it. You told her and I quote "If that's the most she could do then I'm going to do it". Is that very polite? Is that the right thing to do? Don't see that you already made me dislike you?

After walking out of their house angry and completely rude, he wandered back in and after a night of awkwardness it was over. Of course I get messaged later that night by you but that has to wait for the moment. They had talked to him on the phone and he decided to say some things. Why you didn't think I would know or find out is beyond me but you know, I've heard worse. J, you proceeded to convince yourself that something was wrong with me. He actually questioned my Best Friend saying that I had something deep down wrong with me stemming from my childhood. He actually assumed that I had been abused by family when I was a child. He also questioned if my parents were happily married. I don't know about you but I would be very, very insulted and angry by what you assume. My childhood was something I cherish and I will never forget the fun I had, friends I ran with and the memories that were made. Apparently you don't understand how this situation is insulting.

Moving forward, you constantly make uncomfortable comments about subjects that I don't find funny. A few days ago we all had gone for a hike and went back to their house to hang out. It was all perfectly fine but out of nowhere he had a little meltdown. During the movie we were watching, he had jumped up, acted very cold to them, slammed the door and walked out. We all concluded that it was rude considering they had been nothing but nice. Her husband had stepped outside to talk to him and he came back in, acting as if nothing happened. Then that point on he had been making little remarks towards me as if they were going unnoticed. At that point I knew that he was angry and me but I had done nothing wrong all day.

Last but not least we had a phone conversation two nights ago to solve this. Sunday he had still to leave me alone and continue to press me to be friends with him. The next day he had continued to text my Best Friend still questioning everything. That night I went to her house, dialed the number and had a very heated conversation. Now can you blame me? For the last 3 weeks I had been telling him that nothing including a friendship was going to come out of this. Once again it wasn't just me it was them as well but for three weeks straight you constantly tried pushing me to mean something to do. Throughout all those weeks you have done something to make me turn against you. The kiss comment, the abuse remarks, questioning my friendship and last but not least trying to pit them against me.

You see J, you don't seem to understand how friendship works. You don't text me and constantly bring up that "Oh they were right about you, I can't say anything because I don't want to get them in trouble". You honestly believe I'm going to take your word over theirs? They had been telling you for weeks that I wasn't interested, you brushed it off and pushed into my life like a flea. Of course I'm going to get frustrated, of course I'm going to get mad. You don't talk about someone then ask if it is okay to be friends after you've insulted me more than enough.

Going back to the lovely phone call, he tried playing it off as cool. Constantly saying I don't care and STFU every time I ended up proving him wrong about something. Well clearly you cared enough (I've said this more time than I can count) to constantly text me and her for two days in a row. Now I will admit that it was heated due to me because I was so frustrated but that didn't mean his words were innocent.

Remember when I said don't ever text me again and you said okay? Well your words that fell from your lips were unexpected that my jaw had dropped to the floor. I said if you ever text me again, I rather shoot myself because I don't want to deal with this anymore. His exact words? Good, then maybe I will message you so you can actually go do it...Yeah, that's a clever sentence. Now I am someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I had a time in my life that I wasn't doing good. For someone to say that to me didn't hurt, it just shocked me. J, you don't go and tell someone to kill themselves not knowing about their life, health or mental state. I did not attack you in anyway personally...That is until that moment. That saying hit em where it hurts, I just hope I hit back enough.

I want to tell you something and I hope you get this through your head. You are a twenty six year old man whining about a twenty two year old girl not wanting to be friends with you. What you fail to understand is we all were cool until you pull all of this. But he turned it around and made it seem as if it was my fault.

We are being honest here and I'll admit that I had cried over the situation. I didn't say anything for a while due to her husband working with him. I didn't want to make him lose a friend or make things awkward between anyone. He had told me that it isn't going to affect him but I wasn't so sure. That night we all had a conversation and it is sorted out now. Luckily, they don't blame me for anything because it's all on J.

Now back to more of the insults. He had been laughing because I don't have a job yet I am getting at degree at SNHU for Creative Writing. He also proceeded to laugh that I'm getting that degree for what reason I don't know. If I may point out something, you don't have a college education. Before you start laughing at my choice in laugh, I would wonder why you didn't go. Yes, I still live with my parents, there isn't nothing to be ashamed of in this situation. Yet J decided to laugh and call me out about living with my parents and having no job. I help watch my nephew so if that isn't a good enough job right now I don't know what is. The funny this is he also lives with his so I'm confused on why that is so humorous?

As if this cycle isn't going to repeat, I will say that he actually hung up on me when I was giving him the cold, hard truth he had receive three weeks ago. I don't know if you were intimidated by a girl, a twenty two year old at that or what but we could have actually finished the conversation. His last words were "So what is the solution to all of this?"

One again, I am on the floor still not getting how your brain can't wrap around this scenario. There is no solution, I wanted to call you in order to confront you on the things you said. To explain why nothing is coming out of this, why I feel the way I do. Just like you said, you don't care. I didn't care either but I wanted to let you know how I felt. Do you really want to know? Because it felt pretty damn good.