The Blessings of the Holy Spirit

The Blessings of the Holy Spirit

A look into all the ways the Holy Spirit provides for our faith lives

864
The Blessings of the Holy Spirit
Crossroads

Until I went on my first mission trip, I didn't understand what the Holy Spirit was and the role it plays in every moment of our lives. As I dive deeper into the Word, I find more and more out about the amazing wonder of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit provides our words, softens our heart to understand God and see His workings, and makes our bodies Holy Temples. The Holy Spirit is our greatest gift and we are called to take care of the Holy Spirit and respect the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

We are not our own. Society tells us we are our own person, and we can do whatever we want with our bodies and show whatever part of our bodies we want to without shame. But God wants us to glorify our bodies, and keep them sacred! We must not take part of the world, we cannot conform. (Romans 12:2) We are taking care of God's Living Place. This is so hard when the world is telling us to either hate or over-reveal our bodies but:

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all the things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."
John 14:26.

The Holy Spirit takes on the name the Helper! He is there to guide us to what God wants for us. He is there to help us glorifying His dwelling place with dignity! He will also remind us of what God's word says in times when we want to do something for the world and our fleshly desires rather than for Him! God provides us an escape for every temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13) through the Helper if we just tune in and listen to Him.

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to prat for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." Romans 8:26.

The Spirit is working in us, talking to God about what we really need all the time! So during your next prayer ask God to let the Spirit intercede and groan every prayer you need and give it to God! He knows us ten times better than we know ourselves which is incredible.

I pray we are moved to dive deeper into the amazing works of the Helper. I pray we learn how to listen for the Holy Spirit and let the Holy Spirit work through us in the coming weeks, months and years! I pray we learn to glorify our bodies as a temple of the Lord!

Holy Spirit, You are welcome here. Come flood this place with Your Atmosphere. Your glory God is what our heart longs for, To be overcome by Your presence Lord!