The Biggest Movie Trailers to Watch This Week

In anticipation for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Hollywood is cranking out trailers for the preview reel in theater projectors!

10

For endless months year after year, people are left with a bottle of emotions to internally control as they anticipate previews of the latest blockbusters releasing in the months ahead for the summer of the next year. This year was no different thanks to the recent booming in Hollywood for more, because the more the merrier (as they say)! Since the latest entry into the Star Wars cinematic world hits theaters next weekend, studios are buckling down and unleashing trailers for their biggest 2017 films so audiences may witness them on the big screen this holiday season. Rogue One is one of the most anticipated films of the year but the trailers for a few particular films were the most anticipated trailers as well!

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT

Say what you want about director, Michael Bay, but his installments in the Transformers world have made a significant financial impact on a consistent basis. He brought the live-action universe into this world and he'll continue to direct films in this universe so long as they make money. Visually, this fifth adventure looks stunning to nobody's surprise. But the story seems to leave much to be desired yet again. The most thought-provoking moment of this trailer came about when Optimus Prime made the conscious decision to attempt to eliminate his ally, Bumblebee. Otherwise, this trailer appears as shallow as this franchise has been for years now. Who knows though; it could be good?

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

James Gunn delivered a surprise smash-hit two years ago when the original movie released and according to this trailer, the infectious fun tone is carrying over into the sequel. The trailer captured the essence of what made people fall in love with the first movie without giving away any plot details in the slightest. It also introduced the world to Baby Groot who will surely destroy any other cute characters in his path at toy stores everywhere next year.

BAYWATCH

Nobody asked for a cinematic direction with the Baywatch television show that hit the pop culture scene decades ago, but it looks like we're getting a movie anyway. The cast looks beautiful from both a literal and talent standpoint, but it also looks like everyone is having a fun time saving innocent lives on the beach too. Going by trailer impressions, Baywatch can possibly be a fun harmless time at the theater!

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

It's crazy to see how rapidly a character could get a film off the ground after being introduced in a couple scenes only one year prior, but that's also because the character is Spider-Man. The repetitive origin curse has seemingly lifted, as we're in for an original adventure that takes places months after the inception of Peter Parker's superhero persona. It looks like a ton of fun and Michael Keaton as the main antagonist could turn the tide around on weak villains in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Seeing love for the Staten Island Ferry, in a weird destructive type of way, is awesome too!

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

Who would've thought these recent Planet of the Apes prequel films would garner so much praise five years ago? The sheer scale of epic proportions feels very appropriate after the satisfying setup of the prior two films released in 2011 and 2014. Everything has built up to this war between humans and apes that'll probably transition into the setting of the classic films with Charlton Heston. The trailer does a fantastic job of setting the dreadful tone of pain, war, and suffering for a conclusion that'll certainly delight audiences next summer.