The Best Things About Thanksgiving, A Holiday You Should Be More Thankful For

I know that it is kinda early, but guys, it's only a month away!

9

Thanksgiving is a holiday that doesn't get enough love. People get so excited for Halloween and then want to skip straight to Christmas. This year you all are going to see the best things about Thanksgiving and hopefully begin to appreciate the holiday that has been transformed into a day to give thanks for what we are blessed to have.

1. Family

Thanksgiving is a great time to sit around the table with family and be thankful that you have each other. I know that a lot of people get into arguments over the dinner table with their families over various topics, but just be sure to take this time to make the most of the moment. Take it from someone who has lost precious family members, you will miss the memories and be regretful if you lost opportunities to make more. And if you are someone without family, just remember that you can choose family as well. So take today to hang out with your close friends and make memories.

2. Time Off

Whether you are a student or have been employed in the job sector, you get at least one day off. And getting a day where you don't have to worry about work or school is amazing.

3. The Parade

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving. Seeing all the acts, floats, and balloons is amazing. It is something that for many of us, is a tradition from when we were children. And at the very end of the parade, we all get to see Santa who welcomes in the Holiday season.

4. The Football Game

Every football fan knows that there is going to be football on Thanksgiving. Even if you aren't a Cowboys fan, millions tune in and watch the traditional Cowboys game on Thanksgiving. Either as they eat with their family or as they slip into their food comas.

5. The Food

When you think Thanksgiving, the first thing to pop into your head is probably the food. The feast that occurs on Thanksgiving is legendary and the leftovers can last some people a month. People wait all year to dig in and enjoy staples such as sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and the staple is the turkey. People wake up at the crack of dawn to be able to have the feast ready to be eaten with their family later in the day. So when you sit down to eat your delicious food, just remember to thank those that spent hours upon hours cooking it.