The Best Reactions To Kamala Harris Becoming VP-Elect

On Saturday, November 7, Senator Kamala Harris made history by becoming the first woman and person of color elected to the office of the vice presidency. Harris's win sparked reactions from women and young girls across the country, celebrating a victory for women's advancement. I know I got chills when I heard the news.

To continue this celebration, here are some of the best reactions to Senator Harris's win.

This tweet, highlighting all of the firsts:

It's about time.

This tweet, which might just feature the best quote I've seen yet:

There's nothing like the sound of another glass ceiling being shattered.

This adorable picture, that reminds us why representation matters:

I'm so glad the little girls in this country finally have a female vice president to look up to.

This heartwarming reaction from women a world away:

I don't think there's anything better than women supporting women.

This hilariously lighthearted post from Refinery29:

We love a vice president-elect who can dance.

This quote from Oprah:

I think we all know someone we wish were here to see this, but at least we can celebrate in their honor.

And finally, this reaction from the woman of the hour:

Cheers to that.