Childhood Cartoons You Forgot About

Childhood Cartoons You Forgot About

Looking back on old, iconic cartoons.

82
Childhood Cartoons You Forgot About

It's a weekend in the middle of July 2006. Your parents let you stay up past your bedtime last night but you're still up at 7 am, flipping between Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon for the perfect Saturday morning cartoons. What do you find?

Snorks

Snorks

Snorks was on the air from 1984 to 1988 and was considered a spinoff of the Smurfs. It was the cutest little show about a group of odd-looking underwater creatures that just hang out and make music. Hands down one of my favorite Boomerang cartoons!

The Smurfs

Smurfs

The Smurfs aired from 1981 to 1989. The TV series was based off of a Belgian comic series by the same name. It tells the adventures of Papa Smurf and the other Smurfs and their battles against the evil Gargamel.

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Billy and Mandy

Airing from 2003 to 2007, Billy & Mandy started as a series of segments on Grim & Evil but eventually became its own show. It's all about the adventures of naive, happy-go-lucky Billy and Mandy, who is cynical and daunting. Grim puts up with all of Billy & Mandy's teasing and heckling and comes to love them over time.

The Flinstones

The Flintstones

Airing from 1961 to 1966, The Flinstones was all about Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles Flinstone, and Barney, Betty, and Bam-Bam Rubble and their stone age adventures.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Fosters Home

Foster's was on air from 2004 to 2009. Mac, a young boy, is forced to give up his imaginary friend, Bloo. However, Mac finds Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, where Bloo can live with other imaginary friends and still get a daily visit from Mac. The show is all about their adventures and shenanigans with the other imaginary friends.

The Jetsons

The Jetsons

The Jetsons, which aired from 1962 to 1963 and again from 1985 to 1987, was the space-age counterpart to The Flinstones. It's all about the futuristic adventures of George and Jane Jetson, and their kids, Judy and Elroy.

Hong Kong Phooey

Hong Kong

Although it was only on air for a year in 1974, Hong Kong Phooey is one of the best cartoons ever. It captures the adventures of Penry Pooch, whose secret identity is Hong Kong Phooey. He learns from the Hong Kong Book of Kung Fu and uses his job at the police station to take down criminals.

My Life as a Teenage Robot

Teenage Robot

My Life as a Teenage Robot ran from 2003 to 2009 and told of the adventures of robot XJ-19, or Jenny Wakeman. She was created by her mother to be earth's protector but really wants to live a normal teenage life.

Dave the Barbarian

Dave

Dave the Barbarian aired from 2004 to 2005. It takes place in the kingdom of Udrogoth during the Middle Ages and keeps up with Dave and his two siblings, Candy and Fang, and their battles against evil.

Brandy & Mr. Whiskers

Brandy

Airing from 2004 to 2006, this show captured the adventures of Brandy, a dog, and her sidekick, Mr. Whiskers, and what happens to them when they get stuck in the Amazon Rainforest together.

Hopefully, this inspires you to set aside a Saturday morning and rewatch all your old favorites - you can find most of them on Hulu!