The Beauty Of Rave Culture

The Beauty Of Rave Culture

Besides what the media has to say, Rave Culture and EDM is much more than MDMA and drugs.

131
The Beauty Of Rave Culture
Insomniac

Music festivals of all types have become a growing trend over the last couple of years. The many electronic dance music festivals, and festivals like Coachella, Sasquatch, and Stagecoach all share multiple characteristics and have many people who attend simply for the love of music. With this being said, why is there a stigma against electronic dance music festivals and the “rave culture”? Just as people take drugs at these events, there are also those who take drugs at Coachella, Stagecoach, and any of the other festivals.

When a majority of the public hear about music festivals, especially electronic dance music festivals, they immediately think of incidents they've heard of such as deaths, arrests, and other degenerate acts because that is what the media puts out into the world. Although there are drugs that filter through all festivals, there is so much more than that. People do not recognize or talk about how many beautiful art exhibits are scattered throughout the venues, how much good food and drinks there are, and how amazing all of the performances are. Specifically at Electric Daisy Carnival, even the stages are works of art.

The judgement of electronic dance music festivals needs to stop because the bad things that have been said about them and the culture have been very far from how it actually is. Those who have reported the incidents that have occurred at festivals like Ultra and Electric Daisy Carnival usually have no idea what they are talking about, have never experienced the magic that lies within the festivals and do not have facts to back up their assumptions. There are so many beautiful vibes and experiences to be shared in rave culture, and I feel that everyone should be open-minded to it.

Many people in rave culture stand by a slogan: Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. When at events like Electric Daisy Carnival, PLUR, or Peace, Love, Unity and Respect, is always shown from the security, to the people who put on the event, and of course, the attendees. From personal experience, I can say that the people and creators of various electronic music festivals truly practice what they preach. Walking into Electric Daisy Carnival, I was offered water from security guards, offered water at the stages by various Insomniac employees and many of the other festivalgoers had fans and spray bottles to ensure everyone stayed cool and hydrated. The vibes that radiate throughout mostly everyone in rave culture are some of the greatest I have ever felt.