If You Don't Know What The AAF Is, Here's The Rundown
Football

If you love football and haven't seen it yet, tune in to a game this weekend for a new experience.

139
Julia Sandor

Why stop at fall ball? The AAF is the new spring football league and these are the basic things new fans should know.

It is already three weeks into the season and the AAF is a big success. These eight teams from across the country are giving their all in this second chance league. If you don't know a lot about the AAF, I'll give you the basics. The eight teams are:

1. Arizona Hotshots

2. Atlanta Legends

3. Birmingham Iron

4. Memphis Express

5. Orlando Apollos

6. Salt Lake Stallions

7. San Antonio Commanders

8. San Diego Fleet

This new league comes with new rules. To say it simply, there's a lot less kicking. They have to go for a two-point conversion. And the game is shaved down by about 30 minutes, so it is shorter. These rules make it a more engaging game. Fans, like myself, are more likely to enjoy this game.

I had the chance to attend one of the inaugural games, the Arizona Hotshots v. the Salt Lake Stallions. Even though the stands weren't filled completely, the atmosphere was the same as an NFL game. The fans were still competitive and rowdy, like a regular game. Fan interaction is actually very important when it comes to this league. The more interaction, the more money they make.

The players in this league are looking for a chance in the NFL. Most of the players were already in the NFL or played at colleges around the tristate area. No matter how much they play, the time they get in is going to be their time to show off. Although they might not be well-known right now, their last name might be on your favorite team's jersey next season.

If you're interested in getting gear they have so much to offer. They have all types of items on the AAF website, from hats to stadium seats to tees and sweatshirts, they have stuff for fans of all ages. It's a great way to help out the league and get involved.

Since this all just started about three weeks ago, it's all very new to us. The Alliance of American Football is a great way to get the die-hard fans some more football. If you love football and haven't seen it yet, tune in to a game this weekend for a new experience.