The Basics Of Syllabus Week As Told By Amy Poehler

Amy Poehler helps explain why syllabus week is the best week in college.

lovelace media

One of the best weeks of the school year is Syllabus Week, where every student thinks that they will get out of class early and it'll be a breeze. Occasionally you get that one teacher that will never make it an easy week for you. Hold onto the horns, because sometimes it can be a rocky road ahead for the semester. Get ready for either a page long syllabus or a packet!

1. When the teacher starts syllabus day with, "We will never stay the whole entire class period."

Unfortunately, this can be rare from a college professor. Depending on how many times you have this class a week, your section can get ahead. So listen carefully for that one student to ask the question about staying in class.

2. Realizing that a stranger took the seat next to your best friend.

In this situation, there is nothing to do but sit in front or behind your friend. Make sure to get there early next class if there aren't assigned seats!

3. Running into everyone after summer.

If you stayed at your school over summer, there were probably not as many people walking around campus as there are during syllabus week. Seeing your best friends for the first time in months while making new ones!

4. Seeing your new crush from across the campus courtyard.

New semester = new students, and there will be a lot of activities on campus, so show some school spirit. Who knows, you might find your new crush!

5. Finding a spot on campus to park is impossible, so realistically you park illegally somewhere.

Campus safety loves to give out tickets to students who park illegally. Rumors have been spread that they make the most money off their ticket giving during syllabus week.

6. And then it's the weekend, because you didn't act like the whole syllabus week was already.

Go have fun before the weeks get more tough!

7. Realizing that it might be Friday, but on Monday you have a quiz on the syllabus.

Don't worry; it is only on the syllabus. Most of the quizzes ask about the integrity and teachers policies. Good luck with the semester!