With The Fantasy Suite Episode, The Hot Topic Of Sex Is Inevitable; Although, This Season Of The Bachelorette Was Like No Other.

An episode burning with sin.

167
Photo by Caleb S on Unsplash

This season's bachelorette, Hannah Brown, brought four men into this weeks episode of fantasy suites. Normally, there are only three men who make it this far. So from the start, the "bachelorette nation" knew this episode would be something special. One of the remaining four being the infamous Luke Parker, also made this episode worth watching. I say infamous because Luke seemed to have problems with every other guy in the house, and had the other guys, along with the audience, questioning why Hannah still kept him around.

There is no doubt that the media played a part in making him the villain of this season through their promotions of the show; although, Luke didn't do himself any favors either. Throughout the season, he blatantly contradicted himself and took back what he said every time Hannah would get upset. My advice would be if you are going to say it, say it with conviction and don't be shaken no matter the cost. Even if the cost is a rose. Before I spend anymore time talking about Luke, I want to commend one of the other men fighting for Hannah's heart, Tyler Cameron. Tyler was beyond respectful of Hannah's wishes to spend their night together growing their emotional connection rather than physical.

Due to this episode being fantasy suites, sex was a hot topic. Luke confronts Hannah by saying "let's talk about sex" and discusses his views on sexual sin outside of marriage. He brings up reading Hebrews, which is great. Kutos to him. But researching it I mostly found things on adultery rather than premarital sex. Therefore, I believe 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 explains it better when it says that God's will is for us to be holy and to not live in lustful passion.

As christians, we are called to be in community with one another and keep each other accountable to live life as an example of Christ. Galatians 6:1 tells us that the truth of the gospel should be shared in love. While Luke's statements were rooted in truth, they were brought about in an unloving way. He immediately took forgiveness off the table by saying that he wouldn't be able to look past Hannah having sex with the other men. This was prideful of him. I believe this is part of the reason Christians get a bad reputation because of the way they can come off as self-righteous.

Both sides were sinful. The important thing to remember is that we are called to love one another regardless of our flaws. No one is perfect. If we were, the cross would be pointless. Being a Christian doesn't mean being perfect, it means clinging to what is. At the end of the day, God is the ultimate judge and surrendering it all to him is what matters.