The Adaptation Of Technology And What It Means

How technology has affected society.

175
www.unsplash.com

Within the last few decades, the speed at which technology grows has been rising at a rapid, if not exponential, rate. Due to the fact that we live in an information age, where all information that we come across can be accessed via the internet, the world in general is exposed to the possible potential of technology. Change in technology is very rapid, and it can be concerning for a consumer who buys a new electronic device, since it can easily become irrelevant within just a few years due to the coming of newer technology within such a short period of time.

Technological rise and how it affects people

Picture of computer machinery under a red lighting (Source: www.unsplash.com)

Technology rising at a rapid pace means a lot of things for people within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics). Many people within STEM have to regularly keep up with new language syntax, nuances of changes within technology, and whatnot. It may be difficult for an individual to keep up with all the rapid changes that happen throughout just a single year in technology, let alone multiple years or decades worth of technological advances within boundaries such as specs of a device.

The rapid increase of technology can be at the advantage of large technology companies such as Microsoft or Apple. Since technology changes so frequently, companies can exploit the rate at which one upgrades their devices, slowly adding features that they may have previously have been able to implement, but releasing it in future versions of their devices to further convince consumers to buy the newest model.

Technology rapidly increasing means that the world around us is changing. The way that we communicate with one another face-to-face has diminished over time due to the ability to talk to one another virtually. Human interaction, in general, has essentially decreased, whether it be ordering food at a restaurant, working on a project, etc. are now all under the interaction of electronic devices.

However, technology, in general, is good for humanity. It allows us to build upon past ideas and refine them. Technology is meant to increase the efficiency of work and the time of producing results relevant to society. The faster that we are able to produce working results, the more efficiently we are allowed to spend on working and using up less time.

People of today living in first world countries tend to be more attached to their electronics, due to the way technology is exposed to the current generation of people and how it will continue in future generations. Electronic devices such as phones, tablets, and computers will become essential in moving forward, due to their utility and information.

Overall, technology has been growing at a rapid pace for the past few decades, and seems to be continuing to grow at a faster rate. Therefore, people within STEM, who deal with technology, will have a difficult time keeping up. The world around us is changing due to technology, and people tend to be more reliant on technology as it continues to be exposed to newer generations.