The Abyss of Doubt

The Abyss of Doubt

A poem encouraging those who are stuck in seeming doubt to stay true to your dreams. The abyss isn't as everlasting as it seems; you can do this!

31

Hey readers!

Sometimes dreaming can be challenging. There can be a time when we are stuck in between the "excitement" and the "fear" stages of accomplishing something. However, just because it may be hard now, doesn't mean it will stay this way forever. May this piece help you overcome your 'abyss' as you reach toward your goals. You can get through this!

There was something inside of her, but she didn't know what

Some people told her it was luck, some people told her it was love

But for the life of her, she didn't recognize what it was

It felt so new and so strange

'Was something about to change?'

She wondered this aloud, because for now,

She couldn't figure out what this feeling was, fresh and strong

It made her wonder for too long

Yet, it felt like dangerously wild expectation

It hit like wonderfully addicting dreams

And it spread the fear of luminous possibilities

It was both beautiful and terrifying

Electrifying and heartbreaking

'Anxiousness,' was what she came up with

On her dreams, for what she was always told,

'If it's too good to be true, it generally is.'

But she wanted to be happy for herself for getting this far

Even if it meant being so unsure of this feeling

So, yes, it was unknown

But didn't that mean she had grown into what she always believed she could?

Wasn't this a step into her marvelous dream that no one else understood?

The universe nodded in seeming agreement, and for now, she beamed

Even if she never understood what it all could mean

From then on, she called it, 'The Abyss of Doubt,'

She knew she wasn't immune to it, but she was figuring it out

There was no mistake that she would fall there again

But with unfaltering belief in herself, this visit would come to an end

'Dreaming is never easy, nor possible at first

But I cannot lose myself here in what appears like the worst.'

The Abyss of Doubt would surely visit again

But it made her resolve even stronger then

For her dreams were alive and well and undying

She would always fight to keep them thriving

Even in The Abyss of Doubt