The ABCs Of Dragon Ball

The ABCs Of Dragon Ball

The way a Saiyan learns the alphabet!

738
The ABCs Of Dragon Ball
Wikipedia

There is honestly no better way to learn the alphabet than through the world of Dragon Ball. It was hard coming up with a Dragon Ball thing for every letter of the alphabet. There are some people and things from the show that were easy, and then there were other letters that I had to dig deep to find something. I think (most) Dragon Ball fans will approve.

Androids

There are a lot of androids in all of the Dragon Ball series. Android 17 and 18 from Z went from hated enemies to fan favorites.
Other ideas: Angels, Arale, Announcer (there were a lot of them), and, of course, Akira Toriyama.

Bulma

None of this would be possible without Bulma. After all, it was her search for the Dragon Balls that lead her to Goku, and thus starting their adventure. She has consistently been an important character -- helping her friends with any problem they encounter. Whether it's the dragon radar or the time machine created by her future self, Bulma always has the answer!

Alternate ideas: Bardock, Buu, Bulla, Babbidi, Broly, Baba, Bubbles...

Cell

One of the toughest bad guys the Z Fighterz have every had to face, Cell is the energy absorbing android that even Goku knew couldn't be defeated!

Alternate ideas: Chichi, Chaiotzu, Champa, Capsule, Capsule Corp, Cabba, Caulifla, Captain Ginyu…

Dragon Balls

I mean, it's in the show's title. These shining orbs brought Goku and Bulma together and brought life back from the dead countless times.

Alternate Ideas: Dende, Dr. Brief, Dr. Gero, Destructo Disk...

Emperor Pilaf

This guy has been trying and failing to find the dragon balls since the 80s, even with the dragon radar!

Frieza

Frieza, Frieza, Frieza. This guy (or girl as some people believe) is the type of villain people secret love despite all the trouble he (or she) causes. Frieza is just afraid of the Saiyans strength, and perhaps he is secretly fond of Goku. Whatever Frieza's deal is (s)he goes down as the rare type of villain that goes from bad to at least somewhat good.

Alternate ideas: Frost, Future Trunks (or Bulma, or Gohan, or Mai), Flying Nimbus, Final Flash, Fusion...

Goku

This was the obvious choice for "G", but, come on. He's Goku!

Alternate Ideas: Goten, Gohan, Gotenks, Galick Gun, Garlic/Garlic Jr, Golden Frieza, Ginyu Force, Goku Black, Gregory, Grandpa Gohan…

Hercule Satan

He beat Cell, you know... ;)
Some might think that Hercule Satan is a "useless" character, but he is truly essential. He takes the credit for defeating bad guys, and Goku and his friends can live in peace without the public going after them. In return, Hercule gains the reputation of a hero. It's a win win.

Alternate Ideas: Hit, Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Hope!

It's Over 9,000!

It's the classic line that introduced us to the Saiyan Prince, and it's on every piece of DBZ merch.

Alternate Ideas: Icarus, Infinite Zamasu, Instant Transmission…

Jiren

All Goku wanted to do from the moment his name was mentioned in Super was to fight him, and it was worth the wait. Jiren proved to be as strong as expected.

Alternate Ideas: Jaco…

Krillin

Again, there are a lot of options for "K", but Krillin seemed like the obvious choice. He the first enemy to become Goku's friend, and now they are like brothers. He may not be the strongest fighter on the show, but he is a loveable character, and the show wouldn't be the same without him!

Alternate Ideas: Kamehameha, Kaioken, Kami, Kale, Kefla, Kid Buu, King Kai, King Vegeta, Korin…

Lord Beerus

Lord Beerus is a foodie with divine powers who can destroy pretty much anything he wants. Feed him one back meal? Better say bye to your planet and everything on it.

Alternate Ideas: Lunch, (The) Lookout…

Master Roshi

Goku's original teacher, martial arts master, and the person who taught Goku the classic Kamehameha wave -- Master Roshi is the teacher we all wish we had.

Alternate Ideas: Mister Popo, Majin Buu, Mai, Marron (and Maron)...

Namek

Namek was an interesting place before Frieza destroyed it. It's home planet to Piccolo, and the place where we met Dende. Aaaaand then Frieza blew it up as Frieza does.

Alternate Ideas: Nail, Nappa, North Supreme Kai...

Oolong

Oolong was one of the first friend Goku met on his journey with Bulma to find the Dragon Balls. He is the (perverted) pig who can transform into anything he wants (or anything Bulma commands him to be). And he loves a pair of panties.

Alternate Ideas: Old Kai, Oracle Fish, Ox King...

Piccolo

We hated Piccolo in Dragon Ball, and we even hated him a little in Z, but he proved to be a team player when Vegeta landed on Earth. Now, he is one of the strongest guys on the team, and Gohan's teacher. He even babysits Gohan's daughter, Pan (as tough as he appears to be he's actually really sweet and protective with her).

Alternate Ideas: Pan, Paragus, Penguin Village, Planet Vegeta, Puar, Princess Snake...Quitela

The God of Destruction for Universe Seven is the only Q name I found. His name is derived from the alcoholic beverage tequila, so I think he is my favorite God of Destruction.

Raditz

Goku's brother and our first look at the Saiyans. He made us think that Saiyan's were bad people, but Vegeta later showed us the truth.

Alternate Ideas: Red Ribbon Army...

Special Beam Canon

Piccolo's Special Beam Canon was meant to kill Goku, but it ended up killing Raditz with Goku as an unfortunate casualty.

Alternate ideas: Shenron, Solar Flare, Snake Way, Saiyan, Super Saiyan (2, 3, God, Blue, Rose), Scouter...

Trunks

Future Trunk, Baby Trunks, or Kid Trunks -- he is still one of my favorite characters. Trunks is strong, brave, and the perfect combo of smart, smiley Bulma and tough, stubborn Vegeta.

Alternate Ideas: Tien, Turtle, Tournament, Time Machine, Turtle School....

Ultra Instinct

Just when we thought Goku couldn't get any stronger...

Alternate Ideas: Universe 1-12

Vegeta

Admit it- we all love Vegeta. He is stubborn, stuck on his pride, and will probably always have a little bit of an evil side to him, but when he poured his heart out to Goku about the things Frieza did to the Saiyans you can't help but feel for him. And each time he becomes stronger than Goku only for Goku to quickly surpass him you can't help but feel bad and think, "Damn, Vegeta cannot win".

Alternate Ideas: Videl, Vegito, Vados….

Whis

Whis is smart and witty, which makes him and Beerus the perfect pair. He is indeed an angel.

Alternate Ideas: World Tournament, World Champion, West City

X -- X is a stupid letter.

Yamcha

Yamcha gets a lot of flack from people, but he is a great character in his own weird way. He tries hard to be strong like the others, but never quite gets there. And you gotta feel bad that he didn't win Bulma in the end...

Alternate Ideas: Yajirobe, Yemma (King Yemma)…

Zamasu

Zamasu-- the kai that was so envious of Goku's power that he created an evil version of him. Now THAT is some jealousy.

Alternate Ideas: Zeno, Z Fighterz

So, that's it! That's the ABCs of Dragon Ball, and while I admit that I didn't get EVERYTHING I feel that this was a lesson that Chichi would have Gohan study :)