The 5 Stages Of Summer Vacation

The 5 Stages Of Summer Vacation

Being home is great, but being back at school is better.

2
The 5 Stages Of Summer Vacation

The five stages you experience during college summers:

1. Excitement

Finals are finally over and you get experience the joy of waking up in bed with your pets again. The little luxuries in life like showering without shoes on and eating home cooked meals have returned. Although you may be sad about another year coming to an end, a few months at home with family and friends is more than needed.

2. Relaxation

Being able to sleep in and not be woken up by your roommate is a privilege all on its own. Add in not having to worry about setting alarms and handing in papers on time? Complete bliss. It’s not hard to fall back into your normal routine of lazily lounging around all day and binge watching Netflix.

3. Sadness

It soon starts to hit you that your best friends live miles and miles away from you now and are not just a short walk down the hall or across campus. This means you lose the privilege of banging on your friend's door and dragging them out of bed because you’re bored or hungry. Being home means having to drive everywhere once again and constantly finding yourself stuck with how to spend all this extra time.

4. Boredom

You can only watch so many shows on Netflix, and reorganize your entire room so many times before you start to go insane. You miss the family and life you have made for yourself at your school and you start counting down the days before you can hug everyone again. You might even start to miss going to class, and that’s a scary thing to think about.

5. Happiness

You may love being at home with your parents and the rest of the familiarities it all has to offer, but the happiness of getting back to school and continuing on with this new chapter of your life is too much to contain. The freedom and lifestyle that comes along with going away to school is a feeling you miss all too much.