It's Over

It’s over. The week we had all been waiting for since the beginning of January has come to an end and finals are steadily creeping towards us. For those of us that spent our break raging with friends and avoiding the inevitable reality of schoolwork, the struggle is real. Left with only memories, we are now forced to face the rest of the semester.  For those of you that are currently still sleeping off massive headaches and unable to leave bed even for that huge glass of ice water you are thirsting so badly for, it's time to get yourself together. Starting these first few weeks off right will make your life much easier. So as a present from me to you, I now give you a few tips that will help you kill this semester in more ways than one.1.)  USE YOUR PLANNER (or make a list, or buy a desk calendar, anything will work-just get something!). Being able to manage your time is a huge asset-whether academically, personally, or in the workplace-and knowing what you have to do, where you have to be, and at what time, is extremely helpful and a ginormous asset. Trust me when I say that learning how to efficiently manage your life now will bring you nothing but good things. 
2.) If you have spent a night drinking, DRINK PEDIALYTE before you go to sleep. This electrolyte-loaded drink will cure even the worst hangover. 
3.)  When you are doing schoolwork, DEACTIVATE FACEBOOK, TURN OFF YOUR PHONE, and actually concentrate. We live in a world where technology can at times be a negative distraction; don’t let it.  
4.)  Pick ONE NIGHT to go out a week. Trust me, you can put the books down for one day and let loose. I don’t care how much of a nerd you are; everyone needs time to de-stress. 
5.)  WORK OUT REGULARLY. I really shouldn’t have to say anything more. You will feel a hundred million times better if you treat your body right. Exercising is a great way to let the stress out, and it also releases endorphins that will make you happy. And who doesn’t want to be happy?
6.)  Don’t use your phone, or computer, or any other brain stimulating technology before you go to bed. You’re only going to end up staying up later than you want and feeling terrible in the morning.  
7.)  BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY. So eat it.  
8.)  Be nice. We can all be crabby and mean and scare other people-but just don’t. We are all adults now, so let’s just leave the immaturity behind and treat each other respectfully. No need to burn bridges at this point in our lives.  
9.)  GO TO OFFICE HOURS. Developing a relationship with your professor, GSI, or whoever is very important and could really benefit you when it’s time to send out grades. 
10) Most importantly, remember that whether you are a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or even super senior, your time here is dwindling. So enjoy this fantastic campus while you're here, because before you know it, college will be a thing of the past.