The 10 Songs I Discovered In May That You Need To Kick Off Your Summer Playlist

All the feel good summer vibes.

143

I'm a country girl at heart, and despite the "I hate country music" phase 13-year-old me went through, I always manage to find my way back. I enjoy the genre year 'round, but when summertime rolls in, I find it to be the only thing coming put of my car speakers. So, here are my top 10 songs of May 2018 to get you in the summer spirit.

All To Myself - Dan + Shay

Dan + Shay, who I've followed for a few years now, are killing it with their new singles. With their self-titled album set to release June 22, their latest songs have me feeling all sorts of emotions, and 'All To Myself' is no exception.

Heaven - Kane Brown

A perfect song to sing in the car to the one you love - or by yourself about that special someone that's not actually quite in the picture. I love this blend of country music and pop vibes.

New Light -John Mayer

This is the only non-country song to make my May 2018 playlist, but I can't resist some John Mayer. 'New Light' brings good vibes accompanied by John's beautiful voice. No complaints here!

Everything's Gonna Be Alright -David Lee Murphy & Kenny Chesney

While having one of the worst days I've had in a longtime, I was flipping through radio stations in my car. I think this song played about 4 times across 3 stations in the 30 minutes that I drove home that day. Maybe it was the radio station DJ's trying to promote a new song, but I think it was also a gentle pat on the back from the universe, telling me "Hang in there, everything's gonna be alright." Another feel great song for when your down in the dumps - or when you're looking to make a good day great.

Speechless - Dan + Shay

Another Dan + Shay hit, and definitely my most played song this month. Written about watching their brides walk down the aisle, this one will give you all the good feels. Bonus: the music video will make you cry.

Drunk Girl - Chris Janson

'Drunk Girl' is written from the perspective of the gentleman every girl wants to meet on a night they've had one two many. It's a sweet reminder that there is some good left in the world.

Drowns The Whiskey - Jason Aldean & Miranda Lambert

Jason Aldean is another long time favorite of mine that has been killing it lately. Written about a place most of us have been (hoping to drown out a memory with a bottle of liquor), this song is perfect to help you get over that breakup last month.

Get Along - Kenny Chesney

Kenny is pretty much the king of care-free-feel-good country music, and 'Get Along' is no exception. Similar to 'Everything's Gonna Be Alright', get along is a good reminder to keep, well, gettin' along.

For The First Time - Darius Rucker

Another feel good country jam (are we sensing a theme?), 'For The First Time' makes you wanna go out and let your hair down - yunno, live a little. I was raised on Darius Rucker and, for me, its fun to see an old favorite become a new favorite.

Hotel Key - Old Dominion

Rounding out my list is a song released in August 2017. Not sure how I overlooked it, but I'm glad I rediscovered it a year later. Another fun song that will have you feeling a little rebellious, but then again, summertime country music has a way of doing that.

Link to this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/toriheck41/playlist/7rXejtWvuGuMC0FxoKuBTR?si=NyPKhFoZT9agM2rXYH5laQ