The 4 Times taylor Swift Lyrics Perfectly Summed Up Thanksgiving Break

These lyrics will save the day.

1138

Taylor Swift speaks wonders. She speaks to our love lives, our dramatic teenage lives, and our empowered independent woman lives. But who knew her songs could narrate our Thanksgiving breaks? She's done it once (or a million times) but she'll do it again--thank you T-Swift for speaking the words we didn't know how to say.

Your relationship with your extended family: "How's school going? What is your major? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"I don't know what I want, so don't ask me

Cause I'm still trying to figure it out

Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking

Trying to see through the rain coming down

Even though I'm not the only one

Who feels the way I do

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world."

(Place In This World)

Your relationship with your tight skinny jeans: We had a good run but the holidays are coming and I just don't have room for this commitment anymore.

"I remember when we broke up the first time

Saying, "This is it, I've had enough," 'cause like

We hadn't seen each other in a month

When you said you needed space. (What?)

Then you come around again and say

'Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me.'

Remember how that lasted for a day?

I say, 'I hate you,' we break up, you call me, 'I love you.'

Ooh, we called it off again last night

But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never ever ever getting back together,

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me

But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

Like, ever..."

(Never Getting Back Together)

Your relationship with your bed: It's been a long 4 months without you.

"Dreaming about the day when you wake up

And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you can see I'm the one who understands you

Been here all along so why can't you see

You belong with me

You belong with me

I'm the one who makes you laugh

When you know you're about to cry

And I know your favorite songs

And you tell me about your dreams

I think I know where you belong

I think I know it's with me."

(You Belong With Me)

Your Relationship with your siblings: Every time you come home your siblings find every possible way to make fun of you. Your hair, your friends, your dignity...it's all fair game.

"I stay up too late

Got nothing in my brain

That's what people say

That's what people say

I go on too many dates

But I can't make them stay

At least that's what people say

That's what people say

But I keep cruising

Can't stop, won't stop moving

It's like I got this music

In my mind, saying it's gonna be alright

Cause the players gonna play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate

Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake

Shake it off."

(Shake It Off)

Thanks for everything T-Swift. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

*Drops Mic*