Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day

The thoughts of a thankful heart.

65
Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

What a day full of cooking, good food, football, and family. As I sit down to relax, my mind starts going.

Despite this being one of the hardest years I have had to endure, I have so much to be thankful for.

I have a place to call home. I have a good job. I have food to eat. A vehicle with a full tank of gas that gets me from point A to point B. I have clothes on my back and shoes on my feet. I have a husband that loves me. I have a fur baby that love cuddles. Some awesome friends and family. I have breath in my lungs.

As I’m naming these things off in my head, these verses from the Bible come to mind.

19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:19, NASB)

I have to remind myself that, while these earthly possessions things are all blessings, they are also temporary things and things that we will not find full, eternal satisfaction in.

The only thing that I can find true, eternal joy in is the Lord.

I have an amazing Father who loves me unconditionally, cares for me, fights my battles for me, and who sent His son to make the ultimate sacrifice.

No matter what, that does not change. He is consistent. He does not leave me or forsake me and there is nothing that I can do to lose His love. His love does not come with conditions.

I know that He can use me, a human being bent towards sin, and my story to further His kingdom. I know that my trials are just a small part of the bigger picture and He will bring me through them, into something only He can write up.

Truthfully, as hard some days may be, I’m thankful for this hard waiting season that we are in. I’m thankful for God’s perfect timing and His perfect plan, even if it is painful. I’m thankful that He is building and shaping me like a canvas and clay. I’m thankful for the testimony He is writing.

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2, ESV)

On this day of thanks, be thankful for what you have. But remember that, no matter what you do or don’t have here on earth, earthly things are temporary and always changing. Like me, you also have a Heavenly Father that loves you unconditionally, cares for you, and will fight your battles. The creator and king of this earth loves you.

I pray that you have had a blessed Thanksgiving full of family and good food! Love you all!

- Cambree