Thanksgiving Break: The Ultimate Tease

Thanksgiving Break: The Ultimate Tease

Can't live with it, can't live without it.

6
Thanksgiving Break: The Ultimate Tease
pexels

The beloved Thanksgiving holiday has once again come and gone by too fast. The long weekend which you promised yourself would be productive, slipped away without anything actually getting done (much like this article).

Now it's Tuesday and you're regretting all the things that did not get done either before or during the short break. The papers that could have been written instead of the Netflix episodes that were watched. The studying that could have gotten done while eating all that ice cream. Let's be honest, does anyone ever actually get anything done over Thanksgiving break?

I will be the first to call Thanksgiving break out on this one; you're the biggest tease that I have ever met. You trick us all into thinking you're here for the long run, but yet again you leave us just as quickly as you came. Now here we are, alone and miserable, returning to all the work you talked us out of doing. Yes, you were fun while you llasted, but it didn't last very long.

It feels like just yesterday I was on my way home, patiently awaiting all the mashed potatoes, stuffing, pie and happiness you would bring me. I must have blinked a little too hard or something because here I am back in my dorm room still procrastinating all the homework that is due this week, not to mention finals that are quickly approaching. One minute you're here and the next you're gone.

Why must you mess with my head like this? Do you honestly think I can concentrate or get anything done knowing that your friend, Christmas break is right around the corner?

Now that you're gone and all I have left are the memories, I suppose I should start studying for that exam or writing that paper you distracted me from. Thanksgiving break, you sure are a tease, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for reminding me that it is necessary and OK to pause the workload and take a little break even if it lasts a couple days extra. I look forward to seeing you again next year, until we meet again.