Goodbye, 2018, And Thank You For Stopping By

It was a long year full of ups and downs, but it was needed. Thank you.

22

With the new year rolling in, I would like to say a quick thank you to 2018 for everything it has done. It was quite the bumpy ride, but the ups and downs are so appreciated. First of all, I have changed in a plethora of ways. How I was at the beginning of the year, or even two months ago, is definitely not the same person standing here today. I have grown into a better person, and I am so thankful.

My mindset was the first to shift. I started doing things for myself, for once. I cut out people who didn't benefit my life and where it was going, and I stopped caring so much about what other people's opinions of me are. That ultimately led to me being happier with myself. Cutting ties mixed with the newfound positivity allowed me to be carefree and optimistic - I started looking more on the bright side of everything.

Then, a lot of really cool things happened all at once. I graduated high school, I moved out, I started college. Next, I got a job doing something that I love, I declared my major and my minor, and lastly, I got a super cool, life-changing opportunity.

I even learned to manage my emotions better and that it's okay to take time for myself sometimes. I used to be the type to burn myself out beyond exhaustion for others. This year, I learned that I am allowed a break whenever I need it.

Although I had some awesome highs, I also had some really harsh lows. But that's okay. I grew from those lows and I am a better me altogether because of them.

2018 has been such a wild year, but it has been a year that grew me, matured me, and humbled me. It has been a year that taught me and blessed me. It took from me and it gave to me along the way.

Thank you 2018 for stopping by, and I am extremely eager to see what 2019 has in store.