A Thank You To My Suite Mate

A Thank You To My Suite Mate

Here's a huge thank you for being everything I've ever needed and more.

53
A Thank You To My Suite Mate

Ahh, the end of spring semester is quickly coming to an end. The end of my freshman year of college is almost over.

To recap my year, i've had some high highs and rock bottom lows. I couldn't have made it through this whole year without meeting the most important person of my life, my suit mate (but I prefer to think of her as my roommate). This one's for you.

Over the past year we have spent countless hours together, many laughs and cries, shared many drunk stories, and endless hours of studying at the library.

So, to you my suit mate, and to the best friend I have ever had... Here are some things I should thank you for because I know you don't hear it enough.

1.) Thank you for always making sure I go to class even when I don't want to.

As much as sometimes I don't want to wake up in the morning, there you are making sure I get my ass up for class.

2.) For always being down for drinking wine when we've had a bad day, or celebrating a good grade we got.

Even though I chose to slap the bag every time we drink wine together, and I sometimes have to drink by myself you are always there for it.

3.) Thank you for making me try new food.

I know. I'm the most picky eater you have ever met which made our dinners quite a struggle. But somehow you broke me out of my food comfort zone and made me try some really yummy things!! AKA MONGO!!

4.) Thanks for always waiting for me to get back.

Getting text's from you asking where I am, what I'm doing, and when i'll be home can be sometimes annoying, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I get so happy to come back to you every night, it's my favorite thing.

5.) Thank you for listening, and taking care of me when I was way too drunk, even though you don't approve.

I know multiple times when I have told you stories, or you've had to come pick me up you wonder how I got there. I always wonder the same thing. Thank you for not letting me die when I really could have! I'm sure you, as many people have wondered how I'm alive.

6.) Thank you for being supportive in almost every decision I choose to make. Or, if you don't support the decision, you still stick with me through it.

You are my biggest supporter, my best friend. I couldn't have made it through this year without you. I can not imagine what my life would be without you.

7.) Thank you for not letting me go through anything alone.

This has been a rough year for me, and you've never left my side. Through heartbreak, losing friends, gaining friends, being overwhelmed with my life, not thinking I'm good enough or doing my best.. You're always there to help me through it. Thank you for being a room away and letting me cry with you when I need it, or making me laugh when I need it.

8.) Lastly, thank you for helping me realize I deserve so much more than I was letting myself have.

Thank you for helping me realize my self worth. Thank you for consistently telling me I deserved better, I was better. Thank you for letting me be moody and emotional. Thank you for helping me leave toxic friendships, and being there when I gained all the good ones. And thank you for helping me realize how much I truly deserved.

I am going to miss you the most when I need something, or just want to be in your precense and you won't be a couple steps away. I'm going to miss you most at night when neither of us are sleeping because we are both drowning in homework. And I'm going to miss you most everyday when I have to do my responsibilities alone, because I won't be able to drag you along with me.

I hope you found as great as a friend in me, that I did in you. I can't wait for the years to come, and the memories we will be making. This isn't a goodbye roomie, this is a see ya later.

Lots of love, your freshman year suite mate.