To My Friends and Best Friends: Thank You

To My Friends And My Best Friends, Thank You

For being there for me.

People struggle, all the time, and it's just part of life. Things get difficult and things change, sometimes for the good, and sometimes not so much. There are ups, and there are downs. Currently, I'm in a down.

Things are hard for me right now, and things are hard for you too. You all have your own struggles, and somehow, you all still have enough space and love in your lives to help me. That's what friendship is all about.

After high school, you don't see your friends every single day; you don't call them or text them every day either. Yet, you're still friends and the minute one of them reaches out to you, you're already dialing them up or texting a long paragraph to make sure they're okay. So even though you're states away, even though maybe there's a time difference, even though it's been years since high school- that love is still there.

So, to my friends and my best friends: thank you for loving me and caring for me through space and time. Thank you for making plans to see me when I come back home for break. Thank you for every single smile and every single laugh you've poked out of me. Thank you for sitting down at a table with drinks and talking for hours to me like no time has even passed since the last time we hung out together.

Thank you for making sure that, even though we're not in high school anymore and sitting next to each other in class, our friendship still feels just as strong and not at all tarnished.

As I said, I'm in a rough spot in my life right now. I might feel alone, and I might not have somebody's shoulder next to me to cry on, that doesn't mean that I'm actually alone. I'm so grateful to wake up in the morning with messages from my friends and my best friends, sharing goofy videos and memes with me. I'm grateful for the girls that comment under my pictures and call me beautiful because I really needed to hear it. I'm grateful for every single late-night phone call.

I have the best friends in the entire world, and I am so, so thankful for each and every one. When things get hard, I don't like to bother people. I try to shut myself off and bottle up everything, even though it's not healthy. The people that love me can obviously see this. So, they tell me they'll pray for me, and they message me good morning, and they ask me what I ate and remind me to drink water. These are little things but when you sit down and read every single thing people have to tell you when you're sick or sad, you realize just how loved you are.

So thank you all, so much. I'm not doing so great right now, but I am surrounded by people that love and care for me, even though they might not be physically with me right now. When I heal and get better, I know that it'll be because of my people who love me. And I will turn around and love you all and support you alaske you all did for me. Thank you for caring, so much.