A Thank You Letter to My Parents

A Thank You Letter to My Parents

842
A Thank You Letter to My Parents
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/22/6364429765539197521408491458_31215-cc_WaterColorThankYou.1100w.tn.jpg

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know this letter is long overdue, but I don't even know where to begin. You both have done so much for me over the past 19 years of my life.

Thank you for your sacrifices. I know you both have given up so much time in your personal life just to be there in mine. From watching me attempt to play sports during games to attending my countless musical performances, I appreciate every time you both have been there.

Thank you for teaching me how to be responsible. You both taught me the importance of responsibility at a young age, which frustrated me at first; however, I know how beneficial this early idea of responsibility is. You taught me how to make a résumé, how to manage a job and school work, and how to do my own laundry. These three tasks are ones that people my age struggle with currently. With the help of the both of you, these responsibilities come at ease.

Thank you for giving me the world. You both made sure that Kayla and I did and had everything. From apple picking every fall to vacations every summer, you made sure we had it all in a way that we didn't feel spoiled.

Thank you for giving me a sense of humor. When the pressure of being a college student adds up too quickly sometimes, I know I can always count on you or myself to give myself a quick laugh.

Thank you for making me, me. I know that as I grow older, I begin to develop your amazing qualities. From Dad's spontaneity to Mom's good looks and intelligence, I know that I will be set for life.

Lastly, thank you for loving me. I know I am sometimes the worst daughter ever and don't call home as often as I should, but know that I am so thankful that you love me for me. That's all I could ever ask for.

I love you both.

From your FAVORITE and BETTER daughter,

Kristen