Loyal And True: Thank You Oklahoma State

A Special Thank You To My Alma Mater

14
Ashley Arnold

Dear Oklahoma State University,

Let me just start off by saying "thank you." Thank you for the best 4 1/2 years of my life. There were many ups and downs, don't get me wrong, but it was all worth it because come December I can proudly say that I'm an OkState alumna. I'll be waving my OSU flags proudly and enjoying walking across the stage in my cap, gown, and black and orange tassle.

Thank you for letting me change my major five times while at school because I knew what I loved, but didn't know what I wanted to do with that passion. Thank you for helping me find the major that spoke to me and continues to speak to me each and every day. I will be graduating with a B.A. in English, and I am so very proud of this decision. English is definitely a passion of mine and I look forward to seeing what opportunities wait for me.

Thank you for the experiences. 2 words: cowboy football. Football games are a once in a lifetime experience that will always be in the back of mind. The energy. The lights. The crowd. The team. The coaches. The concession food. All of it was worth every penny that I spent on my All-Sports Pass. Which to all those who don't know if they should buy one, do it; you'll make your money's worth on it. Cowboy football may have been upsetting and distressing 9 times out of 10, but that one time it was the greatest moment ever. No matter the win or the loss, I would always be there to support the team, and I'm so thankful that OSU provided me with that opportunity. I look forward to continuing to experience Cowboy football as a proud OSU alumna.

Thank you for the friends. As I said before and as I will continue to say throughout my years, my time at OSU was the best time because of the people I met. I made so many friends that I never expected to have found. Being a part of the Honors College, I met friends who shared similar intellect with me and that was great, but then I met people who were the exact opposite and that was even greater. Some of my greatest friends have been made within the confines of the campus, and that is something I will always love about OSU.

Thank you for the classes, and the teaching staff. There were times when I didn't know if I could do it because I thought chemistry might be the death of me. But I had some of the greatest professors during my time at OSU. Each one of them taught me to be the best I can be, but that always getting the perfect grade doesn't have to happen. Just as long as you put in the effort, you will reap the rewards. Not to mention the classes I was able to take were so diverse that I am forever thankful for them. I took anywhere from an English class to chemistry to genetics to the history of aviation and everything in-between. Each one of the classes I was able to take showed me a little more about the world outside of college as well as a little bit more about myself and my interests. It was fantastic and some of the classes I will definitely miss being a part of.

Thank you for giving me the love of my life. After all, I met my fiancé within the walls of the Paul Miller Journalism building. Many people joked about meeting that special person while in college, and I thought they were joking because I didn't think I would. And what do you, here we are having been together for several years and recently engaged, all while having our love story starting at Oklahoma State University. So thank you OSU, for giving me someone I never knew I needed but now I know I get to have with me forever!

Thank you Oklahoma State University for a lifetime of memories and friendships that I will forever cherish. Thank you for helping me to better my skills and my overall outlook on life. Thank you for providing me with things I never knew I needed but I am thankful to have now. Thank you for the jobs that allowed me to work and pay for school. Thank you for the best 4 years of my life; I couldn't have picked a better university to come to.

Oklahoma State Unvieristy: Thank you for everything.

Lots of love,

A Forever Cowboy and an OSU alumna