To 2018, Thank You For My Best Friends

To 2018, Thank You For My Best Friends

Strong friendships makes change a lot easier to accept.

177
To 2018, Thank You For My Best Friends
Isabella Tudisco

As the new year approaches, it becomes a time of reflection for most. Reflecting on how the past year has treated you, has changed you, and what relationships you have developed. For me, 2018 was a year of a lot of challenges and transitions, but it was also a year of growth. In 2017, I went to college and that's when I truly started to become an adult. First semester was a hard transition for me. I missed my family, missed my friends from home, but most importantly, I missed being comfortable. I found that I had made good friends at college so far but I was still struggling with finding my own ground. By the time 2018 rolled around, a lot started to change. I started to expand my social grounds and meet more people. I stopped worrying about being comfortable and started to become more aware and accepting of change.

This new mentality that 2018 brought me, has definitely changed my life for the better. I created numerous friendships so far at college that I know I will keep forever. My best friends at college, all have something unique to them. My friends Liv, Cam, and I always find a way to laugh until our stomachs hurt. It can literally be about anything, and all of us will be in tears laughing for no reason. We will have dance parties forever without realizing, especially when Cam is in control of music. They bring out the weird in me and I love that about them. One of my friends Kaleigh, has the best one-liners that leave us all wondering how we are so blessed to be friends with her. She lives for New Jersey and will always argue that it is, in fact, the best state there is. My other friend Sarah, is the craziest person I have ever met, and well, I love her for that. Riley and Gabby both are a package deal that I can live with for 3 days and not notice that time has passed. Liv always gives the best advice when I need it and never fails to have a positive mindset. Cam is forever a chill California girl and that's what makes her, her. Kaleigh is so discipline when it comes to anything. Sarah is so confident in who she is, it is incredibly admirable. Riley and Gabby are both so kind and genuine to everyone. These girls all hold certain qualities that I appreciate, and that's why they are my best friends.

Especially at college, not knowing anyone, it is hard to find people you can trust and be a hundred percent yourself with. There are people that will come and go at college, and it is important to have a circle of people that you know will be your friends no matter what. Friends you can cry with, friends you can laugh with, friends you can completely count on. College is a place where there is endless opportunity for growth, but with that growth comes change. At first, I thought change was the worst thing and I wasn't sure if I could handle it. I had no idea that change would bring me a group of girls that I don't think I can live without. This year, has taught me that surrounding yourself with people that make you happy, is one of the keys to living your best life. I hope that 2019 will bring more amazing people into my life. To my best friends, thanks for being you. To 2019, treat my girls and I well please.