A Thank You For Christian Musicians

A Thank You For Christian Musicians

Here is my thank you to the musicians of the CCM industry.
43

As a struggling young girl, I remember going to Christian concerts. It was my absolute most safe place. It was where I could go to for rest, heartfelt worship, safety and fun. I walked into those doors and a rush of relief would sweep over me. I was at peace, I always felt at home, and the Lord always ministered to my heart. To the people who devote their lives to the music ministry- this is for you.

Maybe you've been on national/international tours, or maybe you've never been outside of your home state more than a few times. Maybe you never play beyond church services, open mics and special events like CR or worship nights. But no matter what you're doing it is an essential part of every Christian's walk with God. You're sharing the gift of worship with every heavy heart that needs it, and God uses you to provide a wellspring of worship to thirsty hearts. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Music and worship have become massive parts of my testimony. I have experienced deliverance from suicide and self harm through music. It has been a safe place for me since I was a little girl. When my heart was hurting, this has been one of my sources of healing. The Lord's truths cover me through the lyrics, and things that i read finally felt true. Music has helped truth move from my head to my heart.

I am typing this today to say thank you for every hour of practice. Thank you for the long nights and early mornings. Thank you for the hours of rehearsals and blood, sweat, and tears you throw into an album. Thank you for the months of touring, even though you just want to be at home with your families. Thank you for sharing your stories, hearts, and vulnerabilities with us through your words. Thank you for your encouraging words, hugs, and being an example of Christ. Thank you for this ministry you're pouring your all into. Thank you for helping me become the person I want to be.

I've learned a lot about the industry in the last two years. What it's really like.The good, the bad, the fake and the ugly- I know it's messy. Maybe messier than secular music at times, definitely more complicated. Thank you for stepping into something that is scary. Something that is confusing and at all the same time inviting. Thank you for standing on a stage and proclaiming truth, even though people may be critical of you for it. Thank you for following the passions that Christ has placed on your heart- thank you for that bravery!

Thank you for being an example for me.

Here are a few of the biggest songs that God has used in my life:

Fall Like The Rain and Just Hold On- Citizen Way

Over and Over Again and Resting Place- I Am They

Greater Still- Tim Caffee