saying goodbye to winter

Saying 'Thank U, Next' To Winter

Seriously, warm weather can't get here soon enough.

121

With spring break coming up in the next few days, all of us Midwesterners are surely dreaming of sunnier days. When the sun comes out, smiles come out with it! Here are 10 reasons I'm ready to say "Bye, Felicia" to the dreary winter months and "Hey Sisterrrr!!!" to spring and summer.

Layers on layers on layers

I am so tired of having to put on 15 billion layers just to go to class! I definitely took the days of walking to class in gym shorts and a t-shirt for granted.

Dry skin (Yuck!)

I feel like no matter how much I hydrate and moisturize, the second I step out into the cold, my skin cracks! I know sweating isn't much better, but at least I'm not itching dry patches all day long.

Hat hair for days

Do I disappoint my mom by not covering my ears when I go to class, or do I disappoint my hundreds of fans on the quad by wearing a hat over my wonderful hair? Just kidding! Disappointing my mom is not on the agenda, so hat hair it is!

Walking to class in the arctic tundra

High schoolers: trust me when I say, the walk from the parking lot to the building is nothing. Leaving my dorm to walk across the quad always makes me wonder: is the degree even worth it, dawg?

Pedicures are pointless

As much as I love buying myself new boots for the season, I firmly believe that life is better when I'm wearing flip flops. I mean, what's the point of paying money for pedicures if I'm just gonna hide them behind some boots?

Iced coffee, sans judgement

Do I still get iced coffee during the winter? You bet your mittens I do! But when warmer weather rolls around, I can get it without being looked at like a crazy person on the quad, and that makes it a whole lot better!

Frozen cars and angry drivers

First, having to defrost my car makes me angry. Then, having my car not start makes me angry. Then, slow drivers and icy roads make me angry! All in all, winter drivers are the worst. In summer, rollin' with the windows down, music blasting: that's bliss

Snow isn't magical anymore, it's just slush

In November, whenever it started to snow, we all got excited and ran to take pictures. Now, it's all slushy and dirty, and when there's snow in the forecast, this GIF is how I feel.

The whole campus, like, always has the flu??!?!

Especially living in the dorms, the tidal wave of sickness is inevitable. And as soon as one person gets over it, another one catches it! Wash yo hands, people!

The billions of bruises from the icy sidewalks

Yeah, we've all seen someone do this exact dance on the way to class, haven't we?

Winter, it's been fun, but I think it's time for you to go.

The beginning of winter taught me love, with the pretty snow and holiday cheer.

The middle of winter taught me patience, with the slushy streets and jam-packed traffic.

The end of winter taught me pain, with the agony of waiting for spring to arrive.

And now, if only spring could come, I could say, "I'm so amazing!"

Stay warm and stay healthy, Midwesterners. Warm weather approacheth, I can feel it!