A THANK YOU LETTER TO MY SISTAS, I LOVE YA.

Y'all are the real MVP'S!

687
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_HJIqIwgEM.jpeg

01.06.18

This morning I woke up with the most swollen eyes that will probably keep me company for the rest of the weekend.  Obviously they’re from crying and obviously I’m probably the most emotional person on this planet but me and my swollen eyes are so utterly grateful this morning.  Last night had to have been one of the best, if not the best nights of my life.  I worked my last shift with some of the greatest friends I’ve had the privilege of knowing over these past 9 months and walking out of the door pulled at the heartstrings knowing that another chapter has ended.  It was a bittersweet feeling to say the least and after leaving there, I was on my way to “Ryan’s surprise birthday party”, well what thought was Ryan’s party.  I was totally convinced that it was for him.

Walking in to the party my excitement was building up because I always loved surprise parties.  I love seeing the guest of honors face as they’re surprised when they enter, seeing the anticipation and excitement of others waiting for the person to arrive and just being at a party is always fun.  But I was running late to the party and as I was walking in with Sonny and Paige, I had told them to go ahead of me inside because I didn’t like being late to a surprise party and everyone thinking that you’re the guest of honor and they shout surprise to the wrong person. So if that had happened, it would happen to them and not me :). When we walked in the door, of course what I had pictured happened.  I automatically started laughing, wiping my feet on the carpet with my head down and thought what a fucking coincidence.  Once I lifted up my head, I saw my two favorite girls, Rae and Kenny, and thought “hmm this is strange, why would they be here”. Then I looked to my right and saw Rhea and thought “what the hell, why would she be at Ryan’s party?”.  Finally it all came to me as I looked around at everyone and realized, “Holy shit, this party is for me!”  In the words of the greatest Etta James, ‘All I could do was cry’.  In that moment, I was overwhelmed by so many emotions and humbled beyond belief.  All of these people were there for little ol’ me.  After all the hugs and constant wiping of tears, my friends had brought me to all the decorations and photos that were perfectly displayed throughout the room. Everything was beyond perfect and it felt as if I were in a dream.  I must say my sistas know me pretty well because that cake, the cannoli’s and the endless amount of pizza had my name all over it! As I was looking at all the pictures, my dad came up to me gave me a hug and then said one of the most obvious but most true things… “You have one hell of a group of friends Ran, they did this all on their own.”  “I’m so lucky for them Dad… I’m going to miss them so much”, was the only thing I could think of to say back and in typical Randi fashion, with the waterworks obviously.

I have been so lucky this far in my life with the relationships that I’ve made but my most favorite ones so far are with my sistas.  Growing up I always wished for a sister and I definitely got that from my best friends and bond that we all share is something I will cherish for my entire life.  The whole purpose of me writing this post is to thank my sistas and I know its already been a pretty lengthy post but I want to end this with a thank you to them.  So here it goes….

To my sistas,
Let me start off with saying that you sure know how to keep a damn good secret. I hate secrets.  But this secret you kept… thank you. Thank you for one of the best nights of my life, a night I will never forget.  Everything was beyond perfect.  I hope you know how much I appreciate all that you did.  Thank you for always being so thoughtful and caring.  Thank you for always being so much fun.  Our dance battles will always be my favorite.  Thank you for being spontaneous.  I will miss a random Tuesday night where we all just meet up, drink some wine or whatever, playing cards and just gossiping.  Thank you for being so adventurous.  I can’t remember how many trips we’ve all been on together because it has been so many.  Thank you for listening and being honest.  I know when I have a problem and need to hear the truth about something, I can turn to any of you because you always have the best advice and don’t sugar coat shit.  Thank you for making me broke, haha.  Every now and then we all complain and say how broke we are from all the things we buy or the places we go to but in reality some of our best memories have come from those times.  Thank you for being my pillar of support when I am at my weakest. Thank you for encouraging me to leave my fears behind and chase after my dreams.  Thank you for being my confidants.  Thank you for sharing your family and friends with me.  Thank you for trusting me.  Thank you for teaching me how to be a friend, a sista.  I really am so lucky to call you my sistas.  I mean not many people can say that they have been friends with a person for 25 plus years, at 28 years old.  Most of all, my favorite, thank you for being you. If only you knew how grateful I am to have you all in my life, you would know that this letter wouldn’t end. Because there’s surely a million reasons I would want to thank you for. And words are not enough. Thank you for being my best friend. I love you.  I miss you already and I can’t wait for all the memories that we will continue to make, near or far.

xoxo, Randi.