Travel Blog: Giddy Up, Cowboy!
Education

Travel Blog: Giddy Up, Cowboy!

It's true when they say "Everything's bigger in Texas."

297
Travel Blog: Giddy Up, Cowboy!

It's a new week , which means the Seton Hall softball takes on a new state! This weekend my team trekked on over to Dallas, Texas. Here's a list of someone of the amazing things I experienced in The Lone Star State that had me screaming "Yee-haw!" all weekend.

1. Buc-ee's

Buc-ee's: Denton, Texas

All my New Jersey natives, I just want you to imagine the biggest Wawa you could think of, then multiply it by one hundred. Buc-ee's is just like Wawa...plus fifty more gas stations, a car wash, a furniture store, a boutique, a liquor store, a restaurant, and candy store, and every vendor you see on the streets of New York. Needless to say, New Jersey could use a couple of Buc-ee's; the only problem is they might take up half the state.

2. Cowboy hats and cowboy boots are not a stereotype

Gabrielle Ciancio

We've all seen it before, the stereotypical cowboy's in the movies with the straw hats, leather boots, flannels, and camouflage jeans. Well let me tell you, the movies are spot-on. Everywhere I went, there was at least a dozen native Texans with at least one of these things on, if not all of them. Every person in the stands at the games, every person on the street, even people on the plane...everyone was decked out in Texas apparel and looked ready for the rodeo. My mom even had to stop at the Boot Barn to get some fresh cowboy boots.

3. Whataburger

Gabrielle Ciancio

I know what you may be thinking, "Whata-what?" I thought the same thing when the girls on my team where begging me to try it. Whatabuger is a Texas "delicacy" that must be added to your list of touristy things to do when visiting The Jumbo State. I highly recommend the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich with honey-butter, and while you're at it, get a strawberry malt on the side. You definitely won't regret it.

4. Drastic weather changes

Gabrielle Ciancio

Who thought Texas could be so cold? Certainly not I. When we landed it was seventy-five degrees with a nice summer breezy; the next day, it was fifty degrees with some stronger breezes, and the day after that it was barley breaking forty degrees with high winds. I went from sweating in short sleeves to bundling up in an under armor, hoodie, jacket, and winter coat. And I thought New Jersey weather was bipolar.

Hope you enjoyed part two of my travel blog! Stay tuned for my next adventure to a place on the East Coast...East Coast, beast coast!