Tequila lyrics meaning written by Dan and Shay

Introduction:

150

The Tequila song is by Dan and Shay, a dynamic collab. This song is from their untitled third Album. Nicolle Gaylon and Jordan Reynolds are the co-writers, and Scott Hendriks is the co-producer.

The Tequila song is by Dan and Shay, a dynamic collab. This song is from their untitled third Album. Nicolle Gaylon and Jordan Reynolds are the co-writers, and Scott Hendriks is the co-producer. This song was released on 10 January 2018 and hit the country radio on 15 January 2018. The song Tequila lyrics are basically a tale of a big party boy who had heartbreak and has some past regrets. the music video explores the love story pair, riding together and then departing their ways. The length of the video is almost 6:54 minutes.

The lyrics meanings of the track:

The song Tequila lyrics are about a young boy who is a party boy and alcoholic enjoying different beverages. In the starting lyrics vocalist talks about he is capable of having a party to do any time it may be day or night, He can drink anything he wants. These lines are like giving the essence of heartbreak, like a person who is broken and trying himself to cheer up that everything is fine and he does not need anyone to be happy or he can start a new chapter of life with anyone at any time. But ends up conjuring the memories of the lost love.

It becomes more significant when he recalls the time with the girl he once loved and when he had a Tequila shot all memories came back to his mind the way they partied together, the music they play and dance in the car, how they hype each other, the dress she loves to wear, and when she sips shot. He remembers every detail of her after sipping Tequila like its taste spelled out her reminiscing how badly he needs her. All these memories make him release how much he needs her love and care then suddenly overcome from this trance and trying to say I’m fine I can move on yeah.

[Verse 1: Shay, with Dan]
I can still shut down a party
I can hang with anybody
I can drink whiskey and red wine
Champagne all night
Little Scotch on the rocks and I'm fine, I'm fine

[Chorus: Dan + Shay, Dan]
When I taste tequila
Baby, I still see ya
Cuttin' up the floor in a sorority T-shirt
The same one you wore when we were
Sky high in Colorado, your lips pressed against the bottle
Swearing on a Bible, baby, I'd never leave ya
I remember how bad I need ya (Need ya)
When I taste tequila (When I, when I, when I)

Reviews of the track:

Let’s talk about the song rating and review, as this is the first duo song of Dan and Shays. Fans thought it was a party song, they will fill their glass and hit the dance floor but no its lyrics were totally different giving an emotional message. And made this song nostalgic with super visual lyrics. Fun thing is that co-writer Jordan titled this song in the preference of the duo drink. This song won a Grammy Award and this duo also performed this song in this award opening ceremony. Got a place on the top of the Billboard Country Airplay and Hot Country Songs chart.

Conclusion of the track:

The song name Tequila seems like it’s a party song but when it comes to the lyrics meaning of the song this song is about some shattered love and its memories that hit the vocalist when he is taking theta one specific drink and he is regretting and craving for her love and the time the lovers spend to gather. It seems like the vocalist feels she was his party soulmate who is almost the same when it comes to parties or listening to songs. Then he gathers up himself and thinks what is gone is gone he has a good life ahead which he can spend with anyone.