10 Tangible Self-Care Goals For The New Decade

New Year. New Decade. New You.

99
selfcare

As we all reflect on the year that we are leaving behind, it is time to start looking towards our future goals. The year 2020 is filled with new opportunities, good news, mistakes, and everything else in between. It's the start of a new year and a new decade.

So what exactly are you looking forward to? If your answer is to love yourself more or to look at life with a new perspective, then you have come to the right place. It's self-care, it takes the shape of many forms, and we all need it.

Combining Physical Activity With A Healthy Diet

Losing weight, joining a gym, or trying the next new Hollywood diet always seems to be a New Year's Resolution for most people. However, if you simply just move for thirty minutes a day and combine a healthy, balanced diet you're already doing your body and mind a favor. Plus, you'll feel good not only on the outside, but on the inside.

Aiming For Emotional Maturity

Our emotions can always get the best of us. If we work towards using them wisely, then we can become more mindful and more in touch with those who surround us. This can help drive us to be more kind, forgiving, or understanding of situations that we are put in.

Making Time For A Positive Social Life

In THE age of social media, negativity surrounds us more than ever. Our online personalities can either be attacked or we are the attackers. Take time to rethink your social media handles. Do you need to unfollow anyone in particular? Is Facebook being more annoying than ever? How can you make your space better?

Focusing On Spirituality

Spirituality ranges from religion to meditation to just having a space to reflect on day-to-day life. Journaling has also become increasingly popular and might be something you want to take up in the new year. Whichever way you express yourself, try to set aside time for becoming more mindful of your surroundings.

Discovering Your True Self

2020 provides for a perfect time to get to know yourself better. What do you like to do for fun or how do you enjoy a day off? Is there a new hobby that you would like to try to take up? By knowing ourselves and further learning to love ourselves, we can begin to grow and flourish.

Creating A Safe Space

Having space is a necessity for everyone. Creating an environment that is comforting for you to work and live in allows you to have a healthier mindset. Getting rid of old things or simply organizing a closet can provide comfort and order. Plus, it's always nice to know where things are.

Making Time For Your Finances

Money. It's what makes the world go around. There will always be bills to pay and things to buy. However, setting up new ways to save or using a budget tracker can be great if you're trying to better your expenses tracking. Don't get so caught up in trying to save every penny though because splurging is absolutely necessary.

Setting Boundaries For Work

It seems like everyone is always after the next check or having a side hustle. We sometimes forget that it's okay to turn the laptop off and enjoy a nice home-cooked meal. Setting boundaries for your work life is important and can allow for a more enjoyable experience. Take the day off if needed and enjoy Netflix.

Taking A Much-Needed Vacation

Lastly, plan a vacation. Take a weekend getaway or travel the world for a month. Take time to relax, unwind, and experience what this planet has to offer. Vacations are great because they sort of put things on pause in our normal day-to-day life and let us enjoy new experiences.

Taking Time To Enjoy Life

All of this may seem overwhelming and not tangible, but all of this isn't supposed to be done in one day or even one week. Important things take time and working on being a better you does too. So pick a few tips and focus on them this year. When 2021 comes around, then you can focus on different tips. Just take your time!