Ten Shows/Movies that Will Instantly Cheer You Up

Having a rough week? Watch these shows!

84
Local Love

1. Friends

What more could you ask for than a comedic interpretation of reality? This show is literally my go-to when I need to be cheered up or when I just need to not think.

2. Mamma Mia

Since I've been at college, I've watched this movie about 15 times. It has a great soundtrack, an easy to follow story line and the perfect balance of humor and romance.

3. Hairspray

Along with #2, this is a top hit among my friends. Again, it has one of the best soundtracks and takes a run of the mill plot and makes it incredibly engaging and inclusive.

4. The Office

Need a break from your painfully awkward life? Check out this painfully awkward, but hilarious sitcom.

5. That 70's Show

So simple. We throw this on in the background of homework dates to have some good laughs and easy to follow TV.

6. White Chicks

If you haven't already seen this, stop reading this article and go to Netflix. This is absolutely guaranteed to make you laugh no matter what sense of humor you have.

7. Princess & the Frog or any Disney really

Disney movies are just a beautiful way to remind you of a simpler time when you didn't have crippling debt and a pile of homework larger than the Eiffel Tower. Plus, I'm sure you're noticing a music theme here, and Disney movies have some amazing soundtracks.

8. Sisters

Not everyone loves this movie as much as my best friend and I. If you like slapstick humor and the occasional raunchy joke, this one is for you.

9. 13 Going on 30

I'm not typically big on rom-coms that are super focused on the rom part and that aren't a musical, but this movie is a classic. It has a good message with relatable humor filtered in.

10. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

This movie will make anyone laugh because the family dynamics are something we have all lived through.