Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Amazing

Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Amazing

Dogs are one of the few pets that can make you feel complete.

113
Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Amazing
Irina Vayner

Ever since I was a child, I dreamt of being a dog owner. I wanted a puppy because I always found myself lonely since I am an only child. I wanted a companion. My dream of becoming a dog owner came true when I was in ninth grade and I have to say it has been the best six years of my life (and to many more to come). There are so many joys dogs bring into your life, but the most important one is the unconditional love.

1) Having someone always waiting for you at home. I absolutely love knowing I am not coming home to an empty house. To me the thought of coming home to an empty house is depressing, but knowing my furry pal is home waiting for me makes it all better.

2) Adorable cuddling sessions. I love how unplanned these cuddling sessions are. Usually my pup senses that I am not in the mood for writing a ten page essays and slowly nudges her cold nose into my hand and then magically flips over for a belly rub.

3) A warm furry body that keeps you warm during cold winter nights. My Toy Poodle is a little on the heavy side, but at the end of the day she still is a "Toy Poodle." Yet for some reason when it comes to sleeping with her she becomes a German Shepard who manages to take up the whole bed. At least her fur keeps me warm.

4) Your dog knowing something is wrong and showering you with unlimited kisses. I do not know how they know, but they know. They just look at you with their big eyes and get to healing your soul.

5) Cute selfies with your super photogenic dog. My dog's selfie game is on point. Only problem is that she's too furry and sometimes it is hard to find the face in comparison to the tail. (Still cute though).

6) Dogs teach you responsibilities. You know when you come home you need to go out for a walk with them. You know that you are their only source of survival so you better step your game up.

7) Having a persistent ball bringing buddy. Who needs the gym when you have to throw your dog the ball a million times?

8) UNCONDITIONAL LOVE ALL DAY EVERYDAY. It is so important to feel loved and our dogs never fail to show us that. We are their life.

9) Hearing a weird noise and the barking never ends. I am pretty sure my dog just loves the sound of her barks. In the middle of the night, she starts to bark, scares herself, and falls asleep. So I think that explains that.

10) The adorable tail wags. I love how you can tell what your dog is feeling based on the tail. If they are happy, that tail wag is never ending.

I would not be the same person I am today without my Lucy. She is an adorable dog, with a huge personality and I love her beyond words.