Tell Me, Is That Deja Vu?

Tell Me, Is That Deja Vu?

The ups and downs of Thanksgiving break.

32
Tell Me, Is That Deja Vu?
World Atlas

After five months of school, Thanksgiving marks the one time that college students are collectively home. This sparks either an old flame, a long lost friendship, or utter boredom. That trio combined is a real killer and let me be the first to tell you, it sucks.

Lighting an old flame for a hot second

Ok, so you know when you leave for college and you're all like, "Oh my God, I'm going to miss you so much, you were my first love" ? Deja Vu slides into your DM's real quick when you get home. It's extremely hard not to go back to someone you loved or even fooled around with, but thanksgiving is over and you're probably feeling really bad about yourself. Same here girl... Think of it as a fun memory and move on until next time. Instead of reminiscing on the past, focus on the future and next weekend's party festivities; don't let deja vu get you down, it's surely not worth it.

Seeing people you graduated with is weird, but saying hi is worth it

Even if you never associated with certain people in high school, thanksgiving is a great time to make connections. I know it's a bit contradicting to my last point, but you never know when you'll run into them again. Make it a point to go out of your comfort zone to say "hi", you never know where it may lead.

Seeing family is great, but there are way too many questions

Ever been in an awkward situation at thanksgiving dinner? It's a pretty good assumption that this happens every single year... "How's college?", "Have a boyfriend yet?", "What're your grades like?" "There's no partying right?". See what I mean? God love our families for trying to get every question out of us like we're a criminal in an interrogation room, but boy is it annoying.

You're more ready to go back to school than you've ever been

At this point, you really cannot wait to be back amongst all your friends. You can't sleep without your roommate around, you crave those frat parties, and you really miss your second family. College is home now, whether our parents like it or not. Going back to a curfew and not having control over a lot of what you do is getting really old, not to mention the lack of freedom we're so used to as college students.

Seeing your pets for almost a week makes up for everything else

I don't think I could ever get sick of my pets. They were basically your therapy dogs throughout your whole life, and there's no possible way you could not miss them. They brighten your day in an instant without bothering you. Let's be real here, you missed their company and always wished they would randomly appear in your dorm. You would be lying if you didn't admit you wanted to spend the rest of your life with pet by your side. Only three weeks until finals are over... (aka life with your pets for a whole month!).

Thanksgiving break has its ups and downs, but always keeps you on your toes. Let those flings be memories and see where it picks up after finals, enjoy the time from family questions, and spend your last few days with your (paw)some pets! Here's to three weeks until next vacation, best of luck on finals peeps!

XOXO,

Sophia