Top 10 Things To Do In Tel Aviv

Top 10 Things To Do While Traveling And Exploring In Tel Aviv

Make the most out of your visit to the Miami of the Middle East.

103
Original Photo Courtesy of Angelica Sirotin

Exploration aficionado, connoisseur of all things food, beach lover, party-goer and pursuer of culture: if any of these traits are even loosely associated with your personality, then Tel Aviv is your go-to city. And, once you've finally arrived in Israel's oasis, you'll surely need an agenda that will make your visit worthwhile That's why I've made this list of top 10 Tel Aviv must-do's, which, by the way, can all be fully accomplished within 24 hours! (For those of you with an extended layover in Tel Aviv, this list is golden). Happy travels!

1. Start by enjoying one of Tel Aviv's 12 beaches...

A snapshot of just a few of Tel Aviv's incredible beaches.

Photo Credit: Viva Lifestyle and Travel

From dawn till dusk, you'll see people soaking in the marvelous Tel Aviv beachfront, where the Mediterranean Sea's temperature hovers at a steady 70 degrees Fahrenheit! If you get hungry, there are a number of restaurants located right on the beachfront that are sure to satiate your cravings.

2. And then stroll down a gorgeous beachside promenade.

The beachside promenade in Tel Aviv.

Photo Credit: Israeli 21c

Feel like going for a walk? Tel Aviv's beachside promenade has you covered. Enjoy gorgeous sea-side views while sauntering upon beautiful wavy pavement, which stretches all the way from the port of Jaffa in the south to the port of Namal in the north.

3. Continue your walk southwards to discover the ancient beauty of Jaffa...

The beautiful port of Jaffa.

Photo Credit: The Culture Trip.

Venture southwards, and you will uncover an ancient realm completely opposite to that of the modern aura of central Tel Aviv. Admire the beating heart of Jaffa, its central clock tower and subsequently absorb the beautiful nature of its multiple gardens. Continue towards the port to find an archaic monastery and weave through gorgeous alleyways until you fall upon a magnificent view of the city coastline.

4. Or head up north to uncover the beautiful northern port.

Enjoy a lovely walk at the northern port of Namal.

Photo Credit: TLV Spot

If you take your stroll northwards, you will eventually uncover a pristine wooden boardwalk aligned with the melodious aroma of espresso and freshly baked pita, all enhanced by an incredible view of the sea.

5. On your walk, try and strike up a conversation with the locals...

Local insights can vastly enhance your stay in Tel Aviv.

Photo Credit: TripAdvisor

If you really want to make the most out of your visit to Tel Aviv, try and chat with the locals. Not only will you learn about all of the cool, non-touristy destinations that you must add to your agenda, but you'll learn the most important thing of all: how to be Israeli and wave some "chutzpah" in the air like you just don't care.

6. Then heed their advice and wander towards the Carmel Market.

Carmel Market.

Photo Credit: Haaretz News

Once you learn about "chutzpah," take your newly acquired knowledge and put it to the test by negotiating with vendors at the Carmel Market. The market (or "shuk") has a wide variety of products for sale, including fresh produce, delicious foods, knick knacks, clothing and more!

7. As evening falls, quench your rumbling stomach with an authentic Israeli meal...

Abu Hassan serves up the best hummus and falafel in Israel.

Photo Credit: Food Crafters

Maybe I'm biased, but Israeli food is my absolute favorite. Love meat? Try a generous helping of chicken or steak shwarma at Hakosem. Vegetarian? Then sabich is your go-to: a delicious pita stuffed with hummus, chopped vegetables, tahini, egg, and fried eggplant. Vegan? No problem, Tel Aviv is the vegan food capital of the world! And if you love hummus and falafel as much as I do, then eat the best possible at Abu Hassan in Jaffa.

8. And then go admire the glory of a setting sun.

Sunset in Tel Aviv.

Photo Credit: Nile Guide

Just when you thought the beach couldn't get any better, it does, especially at sunset. The variegated rays of orange, yellow and red are guaranteed to make you gape in awe.

9. Once darkness paints the sky, take part in one of the best night scenes the planet has to offer!

Tel Aviv's night life.

Photo Credit: EatinTLV

Tel Aviv is known as one of the world's party hubs, and, on any given night of the week, there are raves exploding across the city. Yup, even on Monday, the clubs here are filled to the brim. The best part about clubbing in Tel Aviv? There are dozens of clubs in the area, each with their own unique personality, so you're bound to find your favorite rager venue.

10. And complete your stay with an amazing breakfast at the Sarona Market.

Sarona Market.

Photo Credit: Israel for Tourists

Wouldn't it be phenomenal if someone invented a shopping mall that exclusively sold food? Well, this is proof that dreams come true in Tel Aviv! Head on down to the centrally-located Sarona Market to indulge on everything from free-style Ramen to three-stack Kinder Bueno pancakes with a molten chocolate core, brought to you by Benedicts.